Pioneer

For camp updates Pioneer always has one on the website www.pioneer-corps.org In between the March and April camp, Pioneer did alot of recruiting at the WGI Finals in Dayton. For the next camp update I would check the website within the next couple days.

Better Every Day

Pioneer Update!!!

Pioneer has chosen a completely new show that was announced to the members today while the title remains the same the concept/music will different. We will do all original music!!! Staff has made this decision to ensure great success for the corps with its smaller member base.

Only numbers that we can officially release are drumline numbers that are very out of the box.

10 snares

5 bass

8 cymbals

Yes, that is the drumline!!!

Thank you for the curiousness, you should be curious because it will be different and it will be entertaining.

• Like 3

Holy Crap Adam! Okay, I saw your post on Facebook and didn't get it's full meaning until I saw this post. Now I'm way excited to check you guys out this summer!

Pretty cool news. As was already posted, the best source of news is the Pioneer website. A camp report should be posted later this week. While we will occasionally post here, there was a conscious decision made prior to the beginning of the season that we would let actions speak louder than words. All of the preseason hype in recent years on DCP (myself included!) did nothing to really help the corps. In fact, when the corps failed to live up to the hyped expectations, it actually ended up being a detriment to recruiting and retention.

Pioneer Update!!!

Pioneer has chosen a completely new show that was announced to the members today while the title remains the same the concept/music will different. We will do all original music!!! Staff has made this decision to ensure great success for the corps with its smaller member base.

Wow, very interesting news.

Pretty cool news. As was already posted, the best source of news is the Pioneer website. A camp report should be posted later this week. While we will occasionally post here, there was a conscious decision made prior to the beginning of the season that we would let actions speak louder than words. All of the preseason hype in recent years on DCP (myself included!) did nothing to really help the corps. In fact, when the corps failed to live up to the hyped expectations, it actually ended up being a detriment to recruiting and retention.

Good Luck!

Edited by Donny Drum Corps
  • Like 1

Pioneer Update!!!

Only numbers that we can officially release are drumline numbers that are very out of the box.

10 snares

5 bass

8 cymbals

Yes, that is the drumline!!!

Thank you for the curiousness, you should be curious because it will be different and it will be entertaining.

I'm very curious to see how this works for you. I've seen a lot of BOA groups over the years experiment with just basses and snares, but have always wondered how it would go over in a DCI setting.

Props to you all for being adventurous, I'm excited to see you this year!

Out of the box can be a nice change and very creatively approached. Original music is something I love to see in drum corps, good luck Pioneer and please whatever you do don't stop trooping the stands!