Pioneer

Good to know. Have they cancelled any part of thier tour due to expense saving?

Nothing has been canceled as of date. Pioneer will appearing in less shows this year than in previous years for a variety of reasons, but expense saving is not one of them! Our goal, as stated in a previous post, was to provide more rehearsal time as well as down time for the corps. In addition, less shows ultimately puts less miles on the vehicles which does save some money, but also puts less wear and tear on them as well.

Our full schedule will be posted on the Pioneer website within the next day or so!

Same opener as Empire 93

Same arranger and brass capton head as well... :lookaround:

Nothing has been canceled as of date. Pioneer will appearing in less shows this year than in previous years for a variety of reasons, but expense saving is not one of them! Our goal, as stated in a previous post, was to provide more rehearsal time as well as down time for the corps. In addition, less shows ultimately puts less miles on the vehicles which does save some money, but also puts less wear and tear on them as well.

Our full schedule will be posted on the Pioneer website within the next day or so!

Is the June 21st show in Indy still on your schedule?

Edited by Daave

Latest info:

The corps has been rehearsing hard the past week, but had yesterday off for their annual canoe day. The corps picked back up with 9 to 9's this morning and will continue with that through Friday when they head on up to Brillion, WI for a parade. The numbers are a bit smaller than years past, but they are still strong. Think back to the 1999 or 2000 Pioneer corps that made semifinals for a good comparison.

We do still have a couple openings that have popped up. We're still in need of 1 baritone, 2 cymbals, 2 ladies for the guard, and 3 front ensemble musicians. If you want to march, we want you! Reduced fees are possible, depending on join date. Contact the corps office at 414-327-2847 or visit our website and fill out an online application.

Not to be a butt, but I have to wonder how a corps whose "numbers are a bit smaller than years past" is going to be competitive at WC Prelims against this:

Music City

Will be in Indianapolis to see Pioneer in their first show. I know that Roman and the staff will put the best product possible on the field. Everyone pitch in a little and help a corps with a lot of hstory. As I have said in years past, I really admire them and hope they surprise everyone this year.

• Like 1

Not to be a butt, but I have to wonder how a corps whose "numbers are a bit smaller than years past" is going to be competitive at WC Prelims against this:

Music City

In DCI being larger does not guarantee a corps greater scores. Many times larger corps have been beaten by smaller corps. As a matter of fact, if memory serves me right, Magic of Orlando once even made finals with just 35 horns.

I am not saying that Pio won't be beaten by any open class corps this summer , but to say that Pio will be beaten by an oc corps with no history of ever beating a wc corps before just because they are larger, is perhaps a bit of a streach.(not saying it could not happen).

Edited by Howdy

In DCI being larger does not guarantee a corps greater scores. Many times larger corps have been beaten by smaller corps. As a matter of fact, if memory serves me right, Magic of Orlando once even made finals with just 35 horns.

I am not saying that Pio won't be beaten by any open class corps this summer , but to say that Pio will be beaten by an oc corps with no history of ever beating a wc corps before just because they are larger, is perhaps a bit of a strech.(not saying it could not happen).

I seem to remember back in the mid 90's when Pioneer was Division II World Champion and quite the giant killer.

Edited by NashvillePat