Pioneer

Since you brought up my music , and how I select the songs that are on my cds:

I have more Myspace plays from my latest cd COMPLETE on my myspace page than Pioneer has total plays on their Myspace page.

You would think being a wc drum and bugle corps that Pioneer would have more total Myspace plays than a small time recording artist like myself. As of today I have 199,588 more Myspace plays than Pioneer does. I say that the FANS matter. That is why I select the songs that I sell and play with fans in mind. In contrast, Roman has Pioneer play the music that HE wants for them to play. My point when it comes to music is that the Irish music might be fine for parades and retreats, but in order to be competitive in wc DCI, in my opinion, in a wc competition show in 2011 Gary Owen each year is not going to work. Maybe Pioneer could do some Irish music in a show every once in a while, but as a DCI show concept each and every year too much of even a good thing in my opinion just won't work

Edited by Howdy
  • Like 1

I'm staying out of this... well, trying to.

But, who the hell still has or goes to Myspace?

Well, again since you asked, on my page the answer is over two million people.

And who knows, with new owners ( Specific Media, Justin Bieber) maybe Myspace might rise to the top again, if you haven't given up on Pioneer then please do not count Myspace out.

Edited by Howdy
  • Like 1

Since you brought up my music , and how I select the songs that are on my cds:

I have more Myspace plays from my latest cd COMPLETE on my myspace page than Pioneer has total plays on their Myspace page.

How long does it take you to listen to your own CD THAT many times ?

• Like 1

How long does it take you to listen to your own CD THAT many times ?

That ain't going to happen. I think we get most of our plays from overseas, places like Holland.

In reality I do not like to listen to my cd's because I am always listening to things that I could do to it to try and make it even better. I am too much the perfectionist to enjoy listening to my own music too much.

Edited by Howdy
  • Like 1

I am too much the perfectionist to enjoy listening to my own music too much.

:spitting:

Now thats something I can respect you for !

In contrast, Roman has Pioneer play the music that HE wants for them to play. My point when it comes to music is that the Irish music might be fine for parades and retreats, but in order to be competitive in wc DCI, in my opinion, in a wc competition show in 2011 Gary Owen each year is not going to work. Maybe Pioneer could do some Irish music in a show every once in a while, but as a DCI show concept each and every year too much of even a good thing in my opinion just won't work

I'm confused...is Pioneer playing Irish music this year?

• Like 1

Yes and no, perhaps not in the literal sense, but I think most people can see where I am coming from when I say "Irish Music".

Celebrate - Four Scottish Dances * Song without Words, I’ll Love My Love from 2nd Suite in F for Military Band * New World Symphony * As Time Goes By (from Casablanca)

• Like 1

Uh oh.... :worthy: