Pioneer

I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the staff in place and their ability to keep a very solid product on the field, NOT worrying about the personnel numbers. The staff seems to be getting along fine and according to recent scores, the product is improving daily...KUDOS to you guys.

I will wager that they will probably finish the season with a very similar score(or higher)as any other year, providing they are able to travel safely, and get some rehearsal time from Texas to Indy. If there was any area that needed immediate attention, it would be this. I am not saying this to start any trouble, just stating an educated point of interest. I would hope that no one would see this as instigation. I am sure that this been recognized by the administration.

Keep on pushing Pioneer, I have some valued history there, and care about the corps. After being involved there for 7 years in many capacities, I hope that you guys kick some butt this year.

Donny Allen

Better Every Day!

Edited by Donny Drum Corps
  • Like 4

score wise they are just under where they were last season at this time (58.6 to 59.8) and they are just behind Jersey Surfs score from monday (58.6 to 59.2) So they are in pretty much the same shape they were in last year competitively. Yeah they are smaller than they've been in a while, but I saw a video of the show and it looks like they are miking it work. I for one will be interested to see them in allentown this year and get a feel for the show live.

score wise they are just under where they were last season at this time (58.6 to 59.8) and they are just behind Jersey Surfs score from monday (58.6 to 59.2) So they are in pretty much the same shape they were in last year competitively. Yeah they are smaller than they've been in a while, but I saw a video of the show and it looks like they are miking it work. I for one will be interested to see them in allentown this year and get a feel for the show live.

Was that a typo or a subtle dig on their electronics? :tongue:

Was that a typo or a subtle dig on their electronics? :tongue:

oops typo - meant to say Making it work. No digs I swear.

I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the staff in place and their ability to keep a very solid product on the field, NOT worrying about the personnel numbers. The staff seems to be getting along fine and according to recent scores, the product is improving daily...KUDOS to you guys.

I will wager that they will probably finish the season with a very similar score(or higher)as any other year, providing they are able to travel safely, and get some rehearsal time from Texas to Indy. If there was any area that needed immediate attention, it would be this. I am not saying this to start any trouble, just stating an educated point of interest. I would hope that no one would see this as instigation. I am sure that this been recognized by the administration.

Keep on pushing Pioneer, I have some valued history there, and care about the corps. After being involved there for 7 years in many capacities, I hope that you guys kick some butt this year.

Donny Allen

Better Every Day!

I believe the above issue about travel and rehearsal time has been addressed. Maybe I read it on this forum or on the Pioneer website. Also, with a smaller corps this year perhaps they won't be using one of the more troublesome busses. Being small this year could be a real boon for Pioneer. More individual attention to members from a good staff could work wonders.

I also saw their Muncie, IN show on the fan network. Impressive for an early season show. Once all the guard work is complete and they clean it up, I think this show has legs.

• Like 1

I believe the above issue about travel and rehearsal time has been addressed. Maybe I read it on this forum or on the Pioneer website. Also, with a smaller corps this year perhaps they won't be using one of the more troublesome busses. Being small this year could be a real boon for Pioneer. More individual attention to members from a good staff could work wonders.

I also saw their Muncie, IN show on the fan network. Impressive for an early season show. Once all the guard work is complete and they clean it up, I think this show has legs.

You are correct on adjustments being made. Pioneer is appearing in less shows this season and tried to get a schedule that will allow for more rehearsal time and more down time. There are a couple different stretches where we have shows multiple days in a row, but there's also many stretches where we have several rehearsal days in a row. All said and done, we hope that the schedule is a better situation for everyone involved.

Tonight, Mankato, they go over 60! and close the gap on Jersey Surf, who is somewhere else. Once the color guard gets all of it's part in place, they should be doing much better in that caption. Keep it up Pioneer!!

Donny Allen

Better Every Day!

Man I like your posts.

GO PIONEER!

EVERYONE has told Roman that they do not like them.

Nice use of EVERYONE Howdy.

When did the vote take place ?

• Like 1