Pre-June Prediction Thread

The issue is that the OC corps are judged on slightly different sheets than the WC corps and the open class corps write their shows to max out their sheets, so when they compete on world class sheets their shows are not written to effectively max out those sheets, thus the score drop from OC-WC competition. The only real exception was Magic in 2002 because they wrote their show to maximize effect on the WC sheets which in turn enabled them to really max out the OC sheets thus scoring a 99 something in Oc and then only droping 12 points in WC and not the normal 17-20 point drop you typically see from OC-WC.

Final one:

1-3) Blue Devils/The Cadets/Cavaliers

4-6) Bluecoats/Crown/SCV

7-8) Blue Stars/Phantom Regiment

9-11) Blue Knights/Boston/Madison

12-14) The Academy/Colts/Glassmen

15) Spirit

16-18) Crossmen/Pacific Crest/Troopers

19-22) BDB/Vanguard Cadets/Teal Sound/Mandarins

23-25) Cascades/Jersey Surf/Pioneer

I'm expecting a VERY good summer, so just because I place someone lower doesn't mean I don't believe in them. Did groupings because I don't know enough yet.

Edited by DrumManTx

Each grouping can end up in any order

1-3) BD, Crown, Cavs

4-5) Coats, SCV

6) Cadets

7) Blue Stars

8) Phantom

9-11) Madison, Boston, BK

12-14) Glassmen, Colts, SOA

15-17) Academy, Troop, Xmen

18-20) Crest, Mandarins, Surf

21) Teal

22-23) Pioneer, Cascades

I honestly haven't seen too much Open Class lately, and I don't know the differences between the sheets.

So I didn't predict their outcomes.

The issue is that the OC corps are judged on slightly different sheets than the WC corps and the open class corps write their shows to max out their sheets, so when they compete on world class sheets their shows are not written to effectively max out those sheets, thus the score drop from OC-WC competition. The only real exception was Magic in 2002 because they wrote their show to maximize effect on the WC sheets which in turn enabled them to really max out the OC sheets thus scoring a 99 something in Oc and then only droping 12 points in WC and not the normal 17-20 point drop you typically see from OC-WC.

all they gotta do is turn up their amps and add a crapton of props...they'll be set! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Final one:

1-3) Blue Devils/The Cadets/Cavaliers

4-6) Bluecoats/Crown/SCV

7-8) Blue Stars/Phantom Regiment

9-11) Blue Knights/Boston/Madison

12-14) The Academy/Colts/Glassmen

15) Spirit

16-18) Crossmen/Pacific Crest/Troopers

19-22) BDB/Vanguard Cadets/Teal Sound/Mandarins

23-25) Cascades/Jersey Surf/Pioneer

I'm expecting a VERY good summer, so just because I place someone lower doesn't mean I don't believe in them. Did groupings because I don't know enough yet.

This pains me.

Edited by thirdcoast
  • Like 2

I'll play just for fun. Pre-prediction caveat: I really only care about the 10-15th bubble for the most part. The top 8 or so will be great, whoever they are, and there will be arguments about them but in the past my response was to shrug and say "meh, whatevah." (Additionally, I'll go out on a limb and assert that if Troop winds up in that top tier in the future, I will still have this same reaction. I hope I get to test that assertion!)

1. Bluecoats - I want to see someone new here, and they are the most likely candidate IMO

2. BD - of course they'll likely edge out Bluecoats, but maybe not

3. Crown - I'm betting there will be some changes in the program to push them up a little, but not sure it's the title year for them

4. Cavies - I have no reason to think they won't be 1st, 2nd or 3rd either

5. SCV - I think their program is going to push them up some this year

6. Cadets - this will be an unpopular place to put them, and I could totally be wrong

7. Phantom - percussion questions here, not sure what to expect

8. Madison - maybe.... we'll see... they're a wild card player at this point

9. Blue Stars - Want to see them push higher, so maybe switch with Madison here

10. Blue Knights - Hardimon writing perc book, consistency in other places, all good

11. Boston - this pains me, and I can totally see me being wrong. I could just as easily slide them right up there with Phantom/Madison/Blue Stars for some more play in placements

I'll be honest that the next are far harder for me to put into specific placements. There's so much at play - recruitment, design changes in an effort to gain upward mobility, performance capacity/consistency, etc. always seems far more in flux for the groups outside of the more established, perennial top 10 placers. I would love to see lots of movement everywhere, and I'm hoping there might be a "Cinderella story" in the mix.

12. UP FOR GRABS, but I'll say Troopers (and you knew I would): great off season in recruitment and prep from what I can gather, but that doesn't mean everyone else who will wind up the bubble isn't having the same off-season success. It will be a fun year to watch what happens.

13. Glassmen

14. Spirit of Atlanta

15. Academy

16. Colts

17. Crossmen

18. Jersey Surf

19. Teal Sound

20. Pacific Crest

21. Mandarins

22. Pioneer

23. Cascades

• Like 2

I'll play just for fun. Pre-prediction caveat: I really only care about the 10-15th bubble for the most part. The top 8 or so will be great, whoever they are, and there will be arguments about them but in the past my response was to shrug and say "meh, whatevah." (Additionally, I'll go out on a limb and assert that if Troop winds up in that top tier in the future, I will still have this same reaction. I hope I get to test that assertion!)

1. Bluecoats - I want to see someone new here, and they are the most likely candidate IMO

2. BD - of course they'll likely edge out Bluecoats, but maybe not

3. Crown - I'm betting there will be some changes in the program to push them up a little, but not sure it's the title year for them

4. Cavies - I have no reason to think they won't be 1st, 2nd or 3rd either

5. SCV - I think their program is going to push them up some this year

6. Cadets - this will be an unpopular place to put them, and I could totally be wrong

7. Phantom - percussion questions here, not sure what to expect

8. Madison - maybe.... we'll see... they're a wild card player at this point

9. Blue Stars - Want to see them push higher, so maybe switch with Madison here

10. Blue Knights - Hardimon writing perc book, consistency in other places, all good

11. Boston - this pains me, and I can totally see me being wrong. I could just as easily slide them right up there with Phantom/Madison/Blue Stars for some more play in placements

I'll be honest that the next are far harder for me to put into specific placements. There's so much at play - recruitment, design changes in an effort to gain upward mobility, performance capacity/consistency, etc. always seems far more in flux for the groups outside of the more established, perennial top 10 placers. I would love to see lots of movement everywhere, and I'm hoping there might be a "Cinderella story" in the mix.

12. UP FOR GRABS, but I'll say Troopers (and you knew I would): great off season in recruitment and prep from what I can gather, but that doesn't mean everyone else who will wind up the bubble isn't having the same off-season success. It will be a fun year to watch what happens.

13. Glassmen

14. Spirit of Atlanta

15. Academy

16. Colts

17. Crossmen

18. Jersey Surf

19. Teal Sound

20. Pacific Crest

21. Mandarins

22. Pioneer

23. Cascades

It is really painful trying to guess, good choices though. I think we will also see some open class in that list, not in the top 10(lets get real) but on this list. It is gonna be a great year for Drum Corps thats for sure.

It is really painful trying to guess, good choices though. I think we will also see some open class in that list, not in the top 10(lets get real) but on this list. It is gonna be a great year for Drum Corps thats for sure.

Yeah, that's another story entirely, and I'm not sure how that will all play out at all.

1. Cavaliers

2. SCV

3. BD

4. Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. Madison Scouts

7. Carolina Crown

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Phantom Regiment

12. Glassmen

13. Colts

14. Academy

15. Pacific Crest

16. Spirit

17. Crossmen

18. Blue Devils B

19 Vanguard Cadets

20. Jersey Surf

21. Teal Sound

22. Mandarins

23. Troopers

24. Pioneer

25. Oregon Crusaders

26. Spartans

27. Cascades

• Like 1

In before the "I'm going to nerd rage because you put 'my' corps lower than I think you should or forgot 'my' corps accidentally from your list" post.

EDIT: This thread is so old did I already post that in this one?

Edited by mellodramatic