Best and Not so Good Drum Corps' Show Names

Renegades have one of my favorites: "The Loudest Show On Earth"

Edited by skajerk

My local junior corps marched in the Key to the Sea show in Toledo back in 1974. I always thought that was a cool name for a show...

Someone please explain for me how Toledo came to host a show with "sea" in the title. Tell me it can't be a Great Lakes thing. I'll grant that the lakes are great. Can't quite be magnanimous enough to cover all of Ontario, plus Erie and the entire St. Lawrence in order to get "sea" closer to "key." Help?

HH

Someone please explain for me how Toledo came to host a show with "sea" in the title. Tell me it can't be a Great Lakes thing. I'll grant that the lakes are great. Can't quite be magnanimous enough to cover all of Ontario, plus Erie and the entire St. Lawrence in order to get "sea" closer to "key." Help?

HH

Good point. We always called it the "Mistake by the Lake," anyway!

My favorites were (and I hope I didn't imagine these):

The High Plains Corps Wars (Kansas?)

and the venerable "Drums Along the Mohawk."

HH

I believe the great lakes are considered the key to the seas from the midwest. Probably where they came up with the name.

first thing to come to mind was The Beanpot Invitational in Lynn, MA as well. that got some jokes.

'the pro football hall of fame enshrinement festival drum corps competition' was a mouthful for their female :doh: announcer.

i generally appreciate the creativity that goes into naming small shows, though.