The Drum Corps Oscars...

I am assuming you mean for 2010 and not all around?

For this year I would vote:

Best Drill Designer?

The Cavaliers - Michael Gaines

Best Brass Score?

Carolina Crown - Michael Klesch

Best Percussion Score?

Phantom Regiment - Paul Rennick

Best Guard Design?

The Cavaliers - Andy Toth

Best Soloist?

Phantom Regiment flugal / trumpet soloist

Best Arrangements?

The Bluecoats - Tom Rarick & Doug Thrower

Best Original music?

The Blue Stars - Frank Sullivan

Best Guard Costume Design?

The Blue Devils - Scott Chandler

There is some healthy diversity of opinion between the judging community and the fans ( at least the DCP fans ). The Blue Devils would probably have won more " Oscars " than for just " Guard Costume Designs " if the DCI judges awarded these, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

There is some healthy diversity of opinion between the judging community and the fans ( at least the DCP fans ). The Blue Devils would probably have won more " Oscars " than for just " Guard Costume Designs " if the DCI judges awarded these, imo.

BFO ! :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong. I believe that BD should have won last year going away (as they did), but I was just reacting to the questions asked. If there was an award for "best performance" or "Best Set Design" or the equivalent of best picture (show) or best director (program coordinator) I would have probably given all of those to The Blue Devils. I generally root for the cavaliers, but I typically try to look at everyone objectively and while BD 2010 is not my favorite show of all time, they were the clear champions in my book.

George Hopkins

Waffles :cool:

• Like 1

Some of those instructors just wouldn't look good in a red dress with heels. :tongue:

I am assuming you mean for 2010 and not all around?

For this year I would vote:

Best Arrangements?

The Bluecoats - Tom Rarick & Doug Thrower

Glad to see Doug and Tom get some credit for their amazing work.

Most improved section in all of DCI: Bluecoats 2010 Tuba section. If only you knew where that section started... wow. It makes listening to the finals run that much more enjoyable.

:music: