TOC Rockford, IL - July 17th - ON SALE NOW!

I've said the same about YEA pricing for 3-6 corps shows. I'm not expecting to get in for nothing. But how is it a major regional, the last one before finals gives you 15...almost two times more corps, for $13 less.....and I'm being called stupid?

especially for all of those constantly complaining about the economy's affect on DCI while overlooking many factors?

$13 dollars LESS than a $17 seat????? I dont see anything like that on the Allentown ticket page.

I dont see ANY Allentown seats for under $30 per night!

ALMOST ALL of the Rockford seats are under $30 WITH FREE PARKING!

Very, very few seats are $60 plus - maybe 200 to 300 at the most.

I certainly havent called you 'stupid' but get the FACTS straight.

Over 80% of the Rockford seats are UNDER $30 and about 25% of the seats are $17 with the worse view being at the goal line - no end zone seating here!

WHERE can you see 8 of the top drum corps for $17 (SEVENTEEN dollars) and get free parking??????

Luckily there are less than 90 of the $63 seats left as I see it online. The majority are already gone....

• Like 5

I've said the same about YEA pricing for 3-6 corps shows. I'm not expecting to get in for nothing. But how is it a major regional, the last one before finals gives you 15...almost two times more corps, for $13 less.....and I'm being called stupid?

especially for all of those constantly complaining about the economy's affect on DCI while overlooking many factors?

So you're equating quantity with quality? Even at East you only get half of the top 8 beating each other up on one night. To me the pricing for the TOC events looks much like last years pricing at those same events -- which kind of shoots a hole in the "here come the super high prices for every ticket" prediction that many here were making.

Additionally you're completely ignoring market economics 101 -- charge what the market will bear. If no one is willing to pay the premium price (which is admittedly very high) then the price for those seats will come down. Empty seats don't make any money.

Finally I suspect that many of the people sitting in those seats are considering the ticket price a "small donation" to the corps rather than "the price for premium seats". If there are two or three hundred folks willing to make that donation then why in the world would the host turn their back on those patrons. The extra perks (premium parking, programs, seat cushions, meals, etc...) are more about saying "thanks for your support" than "value for the ticket price".

• Like 3

$13 dollars LESS than a $17 seat????? I dont see anything like that on the Allentown ticket page.

Over 80% of the Rockford seats are UNDER $30 and about 25% of the seats are $17 with the worse view being at the goal line - no end zone seating here!

WHERE can you see 8 of the top drum corps for $17 (SEVENTEEN dollars) and get free parking??????Luckily there are less than 90 of the $63 seats left as I see it online. The majority are already gone....

Nowhere, that's where. End of debate on the value of TOC shows.

[edit: Never mind. It's just not worth it anymore]

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 1

Jeff, you can make comparisons all you want to support your point, but the bottom line is if you simply look at a the TOC show alone and ask is the entertainment worth the dollars, the answer is "yes at twice the price." I remember sitting at shows at times thinking that one performance and what it did to me was worth a hundred dollars. To imagine someone thinking last years top 8 not being worth an average of 50 bucks is beyond the pale to me.

is 8 corps as entertaining as 23?

No. I don't care if they are galactic class, let alone world class.

WHERE can you see 8 of the top drum corps for $17 (SEVENTEEN dollars) and get free parking??????

Luckily there are less than 90 of the $63 seats left as I see it online. The majority are already gone....

17 if you want to sit on the 10. I don't want to sit on the 10. Now to sit on the 50, sure, ok 30-40. Not above that for 8 corps.

• Like 1

17 if you want to sit on the 10. I don't want to sit on the 10. Now to sit on the 50, sure, ok 30-40. Not above that for 8 corps.

Agreed.

Anything outside of the 40s sucks for me, and isn't that great of a value. Really, it wouldn't matter how many corps were there, or who the corps were.

I've been to too many shows inside the 40s, and too many outside of the 40s. I don't enjoy it as much near the end-zones. I might as well stay home.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

How about I let you pay 27 to sit on the 50 and stop complaining. Ill even throw in free parking if you promise to stop bringing negativity in a thread simply advertising the release of ticket sales. Oh wait....they already have both of those things as an option.

hmmmmmmmmmmm........Top 8 corps all in one place for 27 bucks AND sitting on the 50 - SURELY THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT WILL HELP BRING ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BOYCOTT AND DESTRUCTION OF THE G8.

• Like 5

is 8 corps as entertaining as 23?

Just think of the quality if/when we go down to a total of 8 (or 5 or 3... or 1) corps in the entire circuit. WOW... it will be so great you won't miss the other corps... or shows... or attendance(less marachers/less family & friends)... or people knowing about DC outside of members/family.

Hey as long as a person gets what they want, <bleep> everything else right?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I'm confused about why you are complaining. The tickets on the 50 I just purchased cost me $27 each. I'm very happy with that price for any eight corps. Thanks, Phantom.

• Like 4