Cadets Uniform

You heard this directly from GH yourself... or is this just " hearsay " ?

The one season change is the only thing that can be confirmed from the alumni meeting post which this thread sprang from... that and that there is "some" change.

Edited by charlie1223

To simplify, check the facts before you go off running your mouth about hearsay. That seems to be what's going on quite a bit in this thread.

This is DCP, Tekk.

Ain't got time for "facts"... [/Jesse Ventura in Predator]

Laughing at "every change deserves a chance" huh?

You know every tradition started with a change. The very you uniform you feel passionate about was once a change. Even the famous "West Point Uniform" style was a change from a different style way back when. It can be said that Change is often the creation of traditions and change is what gives meaning to tradition. You scoff because of your thoughts of "change" are misconstrued (with your negative connotations). If you don't feel that "every change deserves a chance" then where would we be today?

I'm laughing at how you somehow feel entitled to lecture Alumni about their Corps, and your apparent lack of understanding of tradition.

LACK of change creates tradition. The steadfast unyielding commitment to traditions give them meaning. You have it backwards, IMO.

To clarify: I have previously posted that the traditional uniform in 2 colors would be much more palatable. I have ATTEMPTED to explain how some of us feel about all of this to those of you that don't seem to understand where we're coming from. In exchange for me taking the time to try and explain I've been ridiculed for it (which is fine as I can handle it.). If you remember, this rumor started with a uniform change to a WGI unitard. More information has been posted that it is not.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have expressed mine.

I'm laughing at how you somehow feel entitled to lecture Alumni about their Corps, and your apparent lack of understanding of tradition.

Sorry if you felt I was "lecturing" you or other Alumni. I just believe that change in drum corps leads to hateful things because of the connotations "change" has in the drum corps world. After all, all the controversy we have in drum corps is because of "change". I'm trying to put in perspective that not all change is bad, and that change should be given a chance... just so negativity in all of drum corps can subside to a more manageable level...

To clarify: I have previously posted that the traditional uniform in 2 colors would be much more palatable. I have ATTEMPTED to explain how some of us feel about all of this to those of you that don't seem to understand where we're coming from. In exchange for me taking the time to try and explain I've been ridiculed for it (which is fine as I can handle it.). If you remember, this rumor started with a uniform change to a WGI unitard. More information has been posted that it is not.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have expressed mine.

Thank you for your opinion.

I like their uniforms.

That said, I find it amusing that people like John Hannigan, the author of the Facebook post, who have supported Hopkins for years...and the corps to, the tune of thousands and thousands of their own dollars, are outraged about this situation.

Not the uniform change, but the response they are getting from the corps management

Through think and thin, through all of Hopkins' controversial antics and maneuvers, they have stood behind the man who has, by sheer force of will, keep the Cadets alive for the last 30 years. Now they are being shut out, shut down, and told they either they toe the line or they are shut out of the conversation and defriended from Facebook (which, I guess is today's version of telling someone that they are dead to you in a very passive-aggressive way.)

The only think I find surprising is that Hannigan and company are suprised. It's been Hopkins' attitude towards the World since the start of his regime.

He's going to lose this one though. If he doesn't relent, and loses his hard core financial supporters and key volunteers, the organization is done for.

Edited by DCIHasBeen
  • Like 1

I knew I'd get you at "voxels."

To paraphrase Thomas Dolby.." you blinded me with science ".