Cadets Uniform

I love this picture very cool!!! when did the drum major uniform change from being "cream and maroon" to "cream and gold" (as I saw it last it season)?

Not sure when they changed it back to cream and gold...in my day the DMs wore cream/gold, while the guard captains wore cream/maroon.

DMs and Capts 1972

• Like 1

Well, it is a thread about " change", euponitone, and we've all got to learn to " change " on the fly sometimes

Or as someone once said...." I was for it, before I was against it ".

haha... actually, sorry to make changes in my post. Didn't mean to throw you a curve ball like that. You were faster than my slow typing fingers. Mea Culpa.

Its ok - I havent been around much lately, but once I get sucked in, I tend to go full throttle :)

• Like 1

Not sure when they changed it back to cream and gold...in my day the DMs wore cream/gold, while the guard captains wore cream/maroon.

DMs and Capts 1972

You are correct...it was something that was done in the 70's, then they went back to in 08 or 09 i believe...

You are fabricating. Didn't know you could see inside the designers and their motives to make a change that NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT... *ahem...

" fabricating " ? not unless you're referring to a uniforms " fabric" or "fabric softener " used for cleaning.

I was engaging in a possible thought process here. Please understand that I did not state what someone said in a literal sense with the intention of purposefully misinforming DCP'ers.

THAT would have been a " fabrication ". I belive most DCP'ers can distinquish between the two, and decide for themsaelves if my comments above were a " fabrication ".

My suggestion would be to just take a deep breath.... and relax. You'll be fine, Charlie1223. Don't get bent out of shape on this stuff. The Cadets are going to be just fine. Really. They might even win it all this year, and have a greatly entertaining show to boot.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

agreed. I kinda can't wait to see it. but I totally get their concerns, which many on here, you yourself have tried to poo-poo. after all, in that very uniform cuasing so much angst, they re-invented how drum corps is done.

so I see their concern on the fact you CAN be cutting edge and traditional at the same time

Hopefully the Cadets continue to 'reinvent' drum corps, this time with a uniform change for 2011. I posted this on the Cadets Facebook page...

I for one have never thought being a Cadet was about 'things'...it is the hearts and souls of the members from 1934 - 2011. The 'things' change as drum corps changes...the connection of everyone who marched on a field as a Cadet remains intact...

Do I understand some of the angst? Sure. People have differing opinions on lots of stuff. I marched with some of those posting their dislike, esp on John Hannigan's page; great people, all of them. I just don't agree with the POV that any 'thing' defines who a Cadet is, that's all.

FHNSAB...that defines the Cadets to me

• Like 1

No.

In other words, I'm saying that that's all that is known (at this time). That's not a statement against or for anything, I am just stating what is known.

I'm not going to tell an alumni that they're concerns and fears don't matter. Of course, they matter.

I just encourage the idea that in the face of "change", keeping an open-mind is important as I feel it is the path of least resistance where positive discourse can flourish. Should everyone just blindly nod their head and say "yes" to every change? Absolutely not!!! But being open minded allows all aspects of change to be weighed appropriately for each individual.

Change is a word that is thrown about too much today, ever since our current leadership began using it as a campaign slogan. It's old.

Sometimes change is good, sometimes it's bad.

Smart change is fine, but change only for the sake of change can also ruin something that may need more time to enjoy.

Okay, back to the thread, just thought I'd put that out there again, since you've used the term so much on DCP.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Change is a word that is thrown about too much today, ever since our current leadership began using it as a campaign slogan. It's old.

Smart change is fine, but change only for the sake of change can also ruin something that may need more time to enjoy.

You seem way to reasonable to me. How can we disagree with you, if you make this much sense ?

Edited by BRASSO

Okay, back to the thread, just thought I'd put that out there again, since you've used the term so much on DCP.

so we should wait and see to find out what kind of change this is...

You seem way to reasonable to me. How can we disagree with you, if you make this much sense ?

No worries, I'm sure I tick someone off soon.