The Unofficial Blue Devils 2011 Thread

Bring it.

They will certainly bring it. Very interesting season this year, for us BD fans, been a hard one so far. But, it is the end of the race that counts, all BD fans remember 2008 for both B corp and A Corp.

Do it up, DEVS!

Just one. But I sure liked the rest. I doubt there will be any football yanking this year from the Blue Devils. Hope you are ok with that. I am.

SO... How bout the Blue Devils! Winning shows cures alot of things. I knew you all would be right up there. I had no doubt! See ya at FINALS! Can't wait!

Like I said in another thread, after listening to the San Antonio show several times..I LOVE IT. Its entertaining, and that's what i want in a drum corps show. Something I can load in to my Jeep MyGIG hard drive and enjoy. Will BD win #15, I cant say the Cadets are rising fast, and I like that one too.

Musically Devils are great this year, visually I don't like the house props but i'm not a judge so who cares what I think about that!

No complaints from me if they manage to pull it out the bag and win on finals night.

They will certainly bring it. Very interesting season this year, for us BD fans, been a hard one so far. But, it is the end of the race that counts, all BD fans remember 2008 for both B corp and A Corp.

Do it up, DEVS!

It hasn't been so hard... Seeing them win all the time was getting boring. I like seeing them fight.

It hasn't been so hard... Seeing them win all the time was getting boring.

Doesn't bother me one bit!

I like seeing them fight.

I don't really mind that either...a good hard fight pushes everyone to excell. If SCV and BD hadn't been so close together - physically and in skill - it's possible neither would've been as consistently powerful in the 80s.

I assume because you "bumped" you are asking my opinion of BD's 2011 soiree now that it is somewhat fully developed. Michael C. said it in his pre-season "field pass" analysis..."BD is taking a big gamble with this program". They are! The music is phenomenally melodic, it sticks in your brain (particularly if it was part of your life) but doesn't sustain too much "remodeling" (so to speak). It is what it is, and Wayne, et al are honoring BB with this beautiful offering. The gamble comes in when you depart, so drastically, from the tempo of a very successful design spree of recent years (particularly visually). Not all would agree, but to me (emphasized), Cavies and CC have very definately taken up the mantle of the "visually hectic" this year and they are being rewarded for their effort. Neither have gone exploring musical mineshafts for new ways of telling an old story on the field, but they have embraced the value of the visually unexpected. Cadets have gone more traditional and have a very easily understood visual design. It's quite brilliant on the field and perhaps the most transferable to the stands since PR08. All 3 are selling their designs to the max and IMO it's always about the designs......everything else is a tie-breaker.

Back to BD viz...... There really isn't any way to make this theme a high-tempo emotional romp like their more recent "off the charts" designs. I think we all know that now. It is a beautiful, inspiring production very worthy of a Championship....but this year they are on the outside looking in to the "visual romp world" that I believe tweaks the judges imagination these days (and that, I think, is what Michael was talking about). These judges see a great deal of the same stuff, year in and year out, and edgy designs get their attention, tout suite. Finally, I won't get into that whole "accessable" deal, those that need it for their own sense of judgement wear it like a banner. I'll just say, that BD may be adjusting fire (like the artillery).....when you overshoot....you take a little of the gunpowder off and fire again!

15!

Loving Every Minute Of It! Your horn line is the Bomb! Freaky deeky...gone! Bad Azz hornline IN! Told you, so! GO BLUE DEVILS! Winning isn't everything, but... it doesn't SUCK!