TOC show in June

so all of the G8 are traveling thousands of miles to Texas to... uhhh... not have a G8 show? That seems even more intelligent than the original plan.

IMV those shows were very high-risk events. The TOC model probably relies on sell-out shows. Perhaps someone decided they didn't want to risk their "experiment" with two early-season un-proven events and opted to limit the TOC shows to "sure-fire" events. IOW they chickened out. By removing the TOC label they'll be able to evaluate those shows for use as future events on the TOC without risking a big dent in the apparent viability of their concept.

Except for the fact they're in TX I think the early season top 8 schedule is great. Next year start everyone in PA !!

I'm just excited that I'm moving to Philly in a month and I'll be able to catch the big show in the new Giants stadium before they go off to finals (since I won't be able to go to finals this year :sad: ) :thumbup:

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

..sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but there are NO TOC events in June!

Neither Saginaw nor Round Lake are TOC events.

Right now, until they decide on the east coast event in August, there are just 4 in July:

Rockford, IL

Houston, TX

Murfreesboro, TN

Rock Hill, NC

So they added some Corps to the show in Saginaw? Great move for DCI if they did.

Edited by thirdcoast

sorry, no room for riffraff like Crossmen and Revolution at a local show. :doh:

If its no longer a TOC show, it could be possible that Crossmen and Revolution don't WANT to perform at an early June 18th show. I mean, just because its in Texas doesn't mean that we should expect those corps to show up. It would be awesome if they they became part of the lineup but who knows if they would want to do a public performance that early?

• Like 2

If its no longer a TOC show, it could be possible that Crossmen and Revolution don't WANT to perform at an early June 18th show. I mean, just because its in Texas doesn't mean that we should expect those corps to show up. It would be awesome if they they became part of the lineup but who knows if they would want to do a public performance that early?

from what I can tell, Crossmen and Forte have a joint public performance on the 17th. So at least some groups are trying to join together to promote local drum corps.

Do you really think that Texas corps wouldn't want to have the chance to have their souvie trucks open at a Texas show? That would seem to be bad decision making, in my view.

• Like 2

from what I can tell, Crossmen and Forte have a joint public performance on the 17th. So at least some groups are trying to join together to promote local drum corps.

Do you really think that Texas corps wouldn't want to have the chance to have their souvie trucks open at a Texas show? That would seem to be bad decision making, in my view.

No disagreement here. But I'm not the Crossmen or Forte, and so I don't know why they make the decisions they do.

Blue Stars will place 5th. SCV will not get beat by Blue Stars. Cavies will lose to SCV, and will not place in top 2.

Pretty sure this is part of an SAT test question.

• Like 2

yeah I mean who hates an early payday

:rolleyes: