Multi-year Vets in Today's DCI

Granted the first half of my marching "career" weren't full tours, I marched 7 seasons, aging out in 2008. I definitely think it has sped up the aging process on my knees especially, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Possible yes.

I doubt you are going to see 6 and 7 year vets in DCI. The current visual demands of the show even for a young lad just is not in the cards for a 7 year run.

Just another why these high speed visual packages are damaging to the activity.

Possible yes.

I doubt you are going to see 6 and 7 year vets in DCI. The current visual demands of the show even for a young lad just is not in the cards for a 7 year run.

There are still a good amount of them in DCI.

Possible yes.

I doubt you are going to see many 6 and 7 year vets in DCI. The current visual demands of the show even for a young lad just is not in the cards for a 7 year run.

There, edited for you. Like Bloo said, there are still a few of them. They do exist.

At Pioneer the drum major she has marched 6 and will be aging out this season with her 7th which is unbelievable and I'm proud to support her. Myself I have a total of 6 available year's to march I've already marched one last year and this will be my second and then I will have 4 more after and I plan on marching every year. At the end I will have marched six dc years and hopefully without any problems.

There are still multi-year vets. But probably not as many as there were back in the day (or being involved for as many years as they were back in the day). I think that's due to corps being more competitive and kids being busier than ever nowadays.

Yea, I was wondering how many members who do DCI ALSO do winter guard or winter drumline. It's gotta be physical murder on their bodies since they basically are marching year round!

Oh, interesting tidbit of information:

The 2011 Bluecoats center snares (two of them) have a combined total of 15 years drum corps experience. Plus multiple years with their respective indoor percussion ensembles.

Edited by BlooContraGuy