Crossmen 2011

Spinning Wheel is a Maynard chart

Nando Lauria is a brazilian guitarist. He worked with Metheny in the 80's. Listened to samples of the tunes on Amazon. Very similiar to Pat Metheny. Should be good. Chuck does great work!

I just saw the album credits and Lyle Mays and Danny Gotleib both Metheny alum play on the album.

Halleluiah by Leonard Cohen is a gorgeous ballad. Jeff Buckleys version is the best!

I know Spinning Wheel is by Blood. Sweat and Tears but I've never heard Maynard's version.

Looks to be a nice show.

Edited by KenDrum

Nando Lauria is a brazilian guitarist. He worked with Metheny in the 80's. Listened to samples of the tunes on Amazon. Very similiar to Pat Metheny. Should be good. Chuck does great work!

I just saw the album credits and Lyle Mays and Danny Gotleib both Metheny alum play on the album.

Halleluiah by Leonard Cohen is a gorgeous ballad. Jeff Buckleys version is the best!

I know Spinning Wheel is by Blood. Sweat and Tears but I've never heard Maynard's version.

Looks to be a nice show.

I'm in.

2011-crossmen-renewal-for-website.jpg

First off.... I really like the 2011 show poster and show title.

YES

YES

YES

:thumbup::thumbup:

This show has got me real excited for Xmen.

Diggin the Nando Lauria pieces. Very Methany-like. Very Crossmen :worthy:

Edited by dciboy2000

I'm not familier with Nando Lauria so I listen to the source material.

Back home not sure about. Need to listen to it again.

Spinning Wheels Don't see it fitting with the other material

Leonard Cohen.....nuff said

Episode: Prelude. Made a mistake and listen to some crazy version but once I found the eight one I like it.

As an Alumni I wish them the best of luck.

Looks to be a nice show.

Maynard's is OK. Of course BS&T did it GREAT. Their trumpet player, Lew Soloff, played in one of Maynard's bands, fyi.

I've been very anxious to hear a WC corps to Halleluiah...

Crossmen Announce their 2011 production:

RENEWAL

http://www.crossmen.org/crossmen-2011-production

The Important stuff in the announcement.

"We are real pleased and excited about the the development of our 2011 production", states Crossmen Executive/Corps Director, Fred Morrison. "My only direction to the creative and instructional team back in early October was that Crossmen be part of the solution and engage our audience with great accessible music and that we play and march well." The DCI community has spoken about how we need to re-engage our audiences. Crossmen want to be part of the solution that the ongoing September Cesario initiative proposes. Let's entertain!

• Like 1