Cadets2

And DCA groups have been competing "AT" DCI shows for years. Much more so out west than other places.

BUT, They compete on DCA Scrore sheets against Other DCA, All Age groups Only.

Correct, and just to be clear: At the same shows but DCA corps are not competing against DCI corps.

And just to refresh here's part of Glens post "If Cadets2 competes in DCI's Open or World Class, that will render them ineligible to compete in DCA at all."

Do a search, this has been covered extensively before

Sorry to have Bothered you.

I am Old and Ill. I will be dead sooner than later. So I guess it really does not matter that much.

But like many things on this thread that may have "been covered before". I depend on people like, Tom P., Jeff, Fran H, Andy L. and Kevin G for FACTS on DCA.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

You can depend on me for the facts for sure, in that I am one of the 4 people that actually run the circuit.

If you compete as a junior corps in DCI you can't compete in DCA. As a matter of fact, if you compete as a junior corps in DCI, you can't compete in DCA for a YEAR after that. If we didn't have that rule, Jersey Surf would have competed with our corps many, many, many times by now :)

Glen

I am Old and Ill. I will be dead sooner than later. So I guess it really does not matter that much.

But like many things on this thread that may have "been covered before". I depend on people like, Tom P., Jeff, Fran H, Andy L. and Kevin G for FACTS on DCA.

You can depend on me for the facts for sure, in that I am one of the 4 people that actually run the circuit.

If you compete as a junior corps in DCI you can't compete in DCA. As a matter of fact, if you compete as a junior corps in DCI, you can't compete in DCA for a YEAR after that. If we didn't have that rule, Jersey Surf would have competed with our corps many, many, many times by now :)

Glen

Oh Hell I thought it was a left over from the days (daze?) when both circuits Finals were closer and corps had more local members. IOW - some Jr corps couldn't compete at DCI then show up at DCA two weeks later and be a member of both circuits. :blink:

Didn't realize there was a year grace period also. Maybe your current VP mislead me BITD. :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

have not read through all of the other comments yet since it looks like it grew to over 17 pages in one day. but from the onset <IMO> it looks to me like the Cadets are just building a feeder corps for themselves... more power to 'em if that's the case. and best wishes if it also gives DCA a new member corps in the future..

If someone wants to create a corps and require that everyone be 31 years old, well, they can do that to :)

I'll get right on that. :tongue:

I think that might be the first time ever that anyone has depended on me for factual information!!! LOL

Glen

OK Glen. The answer you gave above, is the Answer to another question, that was not a problem to me. I knew that.

(NOT the one "Who can compete" question.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY reply was to "fastone" for saying I was either to lazy or to Stupid to do a search. .

I had asked what is Below.

" Tom P.

Could you please clarify?

Top 10 Corps - Open Class scores go into Finals.

Top 4 Corps - Class A go into Finals.

BUT, Is it?

TOP 10 North American Scoring Corps no matter what Divison?

OR,

Is it Top 10 North American Open Class Scores?

That get Voting rights Etc. "

(But if that is Too Repetitive for other people. Oh well. SORRY)

Edited by 2B or not 2B

OK Glen. The answer you gave above, is the Answer to another question, that was not a problem to me. I knew that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY reply was to "fastone" for saying I was either to lazy or to Stupid to do a search. .

" Tom P.

BUT, Is it?

OR,

Please tell me where I said anything about you being lazy or stupid, that was YOUR interpretation of what I said.

Ok, maybe I responded to the wrong post. I don't write on DCP much. Sorry.

The corps that vote in DCA are the 10 highest scoring North American corps in prelims, regardless of division.

And another thing. I want the Boston Bruins to win the Stanley Cup.

Glen

" Tom P.

BUT, Is it?

OR,