Cadets2

At one time a van left Hsrrisburg every week for Empire for 2 years. Then to Cabs for a while. Bucs were an hour away, and some were Bucs vets. Why did they go? They followed staff.

Staff loyalty these days is just as big as corps loyalty

that has been going on here for years, way more than ten.............and until they folded, cru had the same thing going on,...............

We have a guy from phantom thats already used to "i march in phantom cause i like 4th plaaaceee" Of course he marched in 08, so....

Also, we'd have to change the tune to new york, new york, or something equally cheesy :rolleyes:

Cv here in the south has had a lot of people commute from places as far north as Indiana, Far west from Texas and Deep South from Florida. I did the 6 hour drive one summer just so I could have a chance to march in finals and experience the feeling of a large horn-line so I know the reasoning behind it.

I think many of the posters on here are right when they say they want to go where the staff is at or who is scoring the best.

Cv here in the south has had a lot of people commute from places as far north as Indiana, Far west from Texas and Deep South from Florida. I did the 6 hour drive one summer just so I could have a chance to march in finals and experience the feeling of a large horn-line so I know the reasoning behind it.

I think many of the posters on here are right when they say they want to go where the staff is at or who is scoring the best.

Lol...we had someone from Holland last year, and someone from cali this year. As far as the staff / winning thing, all i can say is that i had no idea what empire placed in previous years when i went up there, and i knew noone on staff at all...

Depends on which part of the Eastern Shore you're talking about.... Seeing how I'm only familiar with Easton and Cambridge (right off of the highway), :shutup:

Well Jim, we're north of both of them....

Still trying to remember the name of the no-tell motel we stayed at in Easton when the neice got baptized. Heat had two settings OFF and Flame Thrower. Nastiest part was getting supplies at the grocery store and I'm the only non-food stamp user, got a lot of looks like -> :rock:

Not sure what the name of that hotel would be.... We usually stay at the "Whitehouse"..... NO, not THAT one. Ours... w00t.gif

Hey is Wild Goose still brewed down thar'....

Boy, I'm just full of help today.... Nope, don't know the answer to that one either... smile.gif

Bro-in-law was there when they were independant. When they sold to ???? he got PO'ed and quit (no idea why). First of many, many places he's worked at over the last 20 years....

And his moving from job to job had nothing to do with the economy right? tongue.gif

Well Jim, we're north of both of them....

Then you safe.... :tongue:

Not sure what the name of that hotel would be.... We usually stay at the "Whitehouse"..... NO, not THAT one. Ours... w00t.gif

Thinking EconoLodge (left of the light in one of those towns).... Knew a guy who owned a beach house going down US 50. He knew of the place and just laughed when I told him the story... almost like he knew something I didn't... :shutup:

And his moving from job to job had nothing to do with the economy right? tongue.gif

Actually (finally) staying put was due to the economy and having the third kid.... And IIRC some he left cuz he got a mad on and basically walked out. Others I think were going downhill and he split when the going got bad. But in all cases he left without having someplace else to go to. :doh:

Weird thing is he's in the same area of NC for the second time. First time around we saw the brewery and I mentioned the name on the door. Conversation then went:

"So that's the name huh?"

"No thats the previous place, we bought them out"

"What happened to them?"

"They went bankrupt"

Bit my tongue before I said "And what the #### is going to be different with your group?" Can't remember why he left that one....

Edited by JimF-LowBari