Blue Devils announce their show!

And on a related note, the Blue Devils creative team also announced, that they would break with tradition and play one to two minutes worth of music with "some form of melody. It's not something we like to do, but we thought we'd throw the fans a bone or two, just for sh&T$ and giggles!".

Ha.

Well as far as the show picture....I quote the website:

"The maestro meets the motion in an emotional whirlwind of dazzling artistry rising from the blueprint of a seemingly ordinary array of yard lines."

I think that's what inspired the design....now I'm trying to figure out what they just said. :huh2:

Unless someone can help me out....other than that, I am a fan of BD's shows, especially last year. So I'm really looking forward to this season!

• Like 1

"The maestro meets the motion in an emotional whirlwind of dazzling artistry rising from the blueprint of a seemingly ordinary array of yard lines."

So unnecessary.

Just play some ####### music.

• Like 5

Well as far as the show picture....I quote the website:

I think that's what inspired the design....now I'm trying to figure out what they just said. :huh2:

Unless someone can help me out....other than that, I am a fan of BD's shows, especially last year. So I'm really looking forward to this season!

maybe they are going to lay a tarp over the field ala WGI that has random yard lines going in all kinds of different directions...

• Like 1

i've yet to ever read a corps announcement about their show. i just look at the rep.

can't wait to see a bunch of shows this year based solely on reps, though there's no accounting for personal taste for all things designed to appeal to people aesthetically.

So unnecessary.

Just play some ####### music.

I second that! These show announcements are getting ridiculous - and I don't just mean BD's.

• Like 2

I second that! These show announcements are getting ridiculous - and I don't just mean BD's.

Ah, the ever vocal, art appreciation branch of DCP.

Just for you....the trimmed down, Al Bundy version of BD's announcement:

"We're playin' some Burt Bacharach songs. Prolly start with some slow tempo stuff, get louder, march around and make some formations, play a few faster tempo songs of Burt's and march faster still. In the middle, we'll prolly slow down for a ballard kinda deal and do alot of work with the guard flags. Pretty much do our drum feature somewhere in there and build the tempo and volume through a few other of Burt's tunes toward the end. Prolly some props too! Gimme a bud light! :guinesssmilie:

• Like 7

Ah, the ever vocal, art appreciation branch of DCP.

Just for you....the trimmed down, Al Bundy version of BD's announcement:

"We're playin' some Burt Bacharach songs. Prolly start with some slow tempo stuff, get louder, march around and make some formations, play a few faster tempo songs of Burt's and march faster still. In the middle, we'll prolly slow down for a ballard kinda deal and do alot of work with the guard flags. Pretty much do our drum feature somewhere in there and build the tempo and volume through a few other of Burt's tunes toward the end. Prolly some props too! Gimme a bud light! :guinesssmilie:

I will bet, they will just be blowing people away in 2011. Simple, in your face, Drum and Bugle Corps. Cant wait.

• Like 3