Blue Devils announce their show!

I will bet, they will just be blowing people away in 2011. Simple, in your face, Drum and Bugle Corps. Cant wait.

Not so sure about the "simple" part....but I agree completely with you on the rest!

• Like 1

Not so sure about the "simple" part....but I agree completely with you on the rest!

Yeah, simple was the wrong word. Can I retract that? Change simple to frikin powerful! That works. Hope to see ya all in Minn. this year, without the tornados. Cant wait to see this Drum and Bugle Corps this year. BRING IT!

• Like 1

I'm holding my judgement till I hear them. I have a sneaking suspicion that this show will turn into something different. Prove me wrong please!

I think they'll prove a lot this year even if you or I don't happen to like it. Just a guess considering who the corps is.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, while this is a "general" statement, the announcement of what music any corps is playing leaves me somewhat disinterested. Why? Because in too many cases, while you may recognize the name, often you don't recognize the music. So, with every show announcement thus far, I’m adopting a wait and see attitude and hoping that, unlike most years in the recent past, I'm not disappointed.

• Like 1

i've only heard about 4 minutes of it, and it's pretty "standard" interp of baccharac, imo.

i like it, but i don't know if i'll like 11 minutes of it.

hoping they make it more interesting than standard elevator music for the other 7 minutes of the show.

I'm holding my judgement till I hear them. I have a sneaking suspicion that this show will turn into something different. Prove me wrong please!

til then, I'll just use Austin Powers quotes

• Like 2

i've only heard about 4 minutes of it, and it's pretty "standard" interp of baccharac, imo.

hoping they make it more interesting than standard elevator music for the other 7 minutes of the show.

I think we heard the same thing, and it was sooooo good. Gave me goose bumps. THAT is all I needed.

• Like 1

That's exactly what Rex was saying the other night while we were celebrating Cinco de Mayo with the Rodriguez twins. He was wondering if BD has gone all 'elevator' on us with this show.

I told him to shut it and be happy they are not doing Barry Manilow. I have a sneaky feeling that they're going to blow our huevos off this year.

• Like 1

Whoa... never thought BD's music would be compared to "elevator music"... Considering you were hyping these selections for a long while!

• Like 1