Blue Devils announce their show!

Cavs announce their show title and it makes front page on DCP. Devs announce everything and a day later there is nothing on the front page.

• Like 2

I wish I recognized this rep, but if yall are excited I'll look forward to it.

You just might. I would suggest heading over to the Tube of You and looking up the tunes. There is some serious potential in this show. You will probably find at least one song you know, just you don't know you know.

Ya know?

This sounds great on paper. I mean, some of the greatest Burt songs written.

But really, how much can the corps do in 11 minutes using 8 songs? I mmean, are we just gonna hear some weird jazz-y riffs and splice it all up, drum corps style? I want to hear a great arrangement of all of these songs from start to finish for each song, not just snippets of the best meaty parts of them. By the way, my favorite version of "A House is Not a Home" was done by Luther Vandross. Stunning.

A House Is Not a Home

Summer of 77

Walk On By

One Less Bell To Answer

Woman

I Say A Little Prayer

Wives And Lovers

God Give Me Strength

-Roger

• Like 2

I wish I recognized this rep, but if yall are excited I'll look forward to it.

Burt Bacharach and Hal David were a very popular and successful songwrinting team in the 60/70s - well before you were born.

Cavs announce their show title and it makes front page on DCP. Devs announce everything and a day later there is nothing on the front page.

Obviously DCP is conspiring against the Blue Devils. :ph34r:

• Like 5

This sounds great on paper. I mean, some of the greatest Burt songs written.

But really, how much can the corps do in 11 minutes using 8 songs? I mmean, are we just gonna hear some weird jazz-y riffs and splice it all up, drum corps style? I want to hear a great arrangement of all of these songs from start to finish for each song, not just snippets of the best meaty parts of them. By the way, my favorite version of "A House is Not a Home" was done by Luther Vandross. Stunning.

A House Is Not a Home

Summer of 77

Walk On By

One Less Bell To Answer

Woman

I Say A Little Prayer

Wives And Lovers

God Give Me Strength

-Roger

Ugh, I can not believe someone "-" minused you. This is a very true and valid concern that I've already alluded to. But hey, we need to be optimistic and hopeful.

Can't wait to see this! I've wanted a corps to do a Bachrach show for a long time, but I didn't think it would happen.

Good selections, but I would have liked to have seen:

- Alfie

- Promises, Promises

- What's New Pussycat (which I think would be great on the field)

Ahh, not as "enjoyable" from a "durrrr" perspective. :devil:

Sorry for not explaining more clearly. I mean as other Blue Devils shows.

My first drum corps love was Devils '82.

Not a bad start. I can appreciate complexity and challenge but sometimes Spirit '80 blowing my face off with power and emotion ticks more boxes.

• Like 1