Blue Stars show trailer

see Springs, Tarpon (2009) :ph34r:

awesome show btw. really looking forward to what the blues stars do with this material.

Tarpon had a fantastic show in 2009 - I enjoyed it immensely. It's no wonder they are giving this a shot considering the two groups basically share the same staff. However, I do not think it will translate well to drum corps, but that's just my opinion. Tarpon's 09 show relied heavily on lots of props, narration, and woodwinds, all of which are either unpopular or illegal in DCI.

They'll perform it great for sure, we'll just have to see how the show develops.

Tarpon had a fantastic show in 2009 - I enjoyed it immensely. It's no wonder they are giving this a shot considering the two groups basically share the same staff. However, I do not think it will translate well to drum corps, but that's just my opinion. Tarpon's 09 show relied heavily on lots of props, narration, and woodwinds, all of which are either unpopular or illegal in DCI.

They'll perform it great for sure, we'll just have to see how the show develops.

Tarpon has no marching percussion either. Things get rewritten and rearranged. Doesn't mean it wont translate.

Tarpon has no marching percussion either. Things get rewritten and rearranged. Doesn't mean it wont translate.

I think Tarpon's show proves that the source material works well on the field. I don't think Blue Stars will have trouble 'translating' it to drum corps. Sure they can't take the same approach Tarpon did -- but who does??

• Like 2

I can't wait to see the car & motorcycle chase scene in their show this summer. that will be intense. Plus all the shooting and dead bodies littering the field at the end of the show.

I can't wait to see the car & motorcycle chase scene in their show this summer. that will be intense. Plus all the shooting and dead bodies littering the field at the end of the show.

Didn't you see the posting for a Cleaner position on the Blue Stars website? Requirements: Detail Oriented. Speedy and efficient worker. Maintaining confidentiality is a must!

I hear they had to sacrifice a synth spot to stay under DCI's roster number.

• Like 1

I've been to a few camps throughout the winter. I saw the Tarpon 09 show live and remember it well. From what I have heard at camps, little to none of the music is the same. Also, I estimate that at least 1/2 of their show music is from the Matrix soundtracks. I also haven't heard any narration or hints that it will be in the show. My guess is there won't be any.

• Like 1

you could definitely call that a tease

:thumbup::thumbup: A Tease with Trains, Escalators, and Tunnels! :thumbup::thumbup:

It would have been cool to see and hear the actual corps though.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1