Music City Legend To Cease 2011 Operations

The people at Music City Drum and Bugle corps went in with one agenda. To build the best DCI corps they could. They wanted a name that identified them as being from the Music City and they went with it. No hidden agenda there. To insinuate otherwise is just disrespectful to the Music City Drum and Bugle corps. Some very smart people running that organization.

DCAS is full of talent and choices of corps to march with. Two power house corps (Alliance and CorpVets) are just a few hours down the road. Florida is seeing some progress with their corps. Alabama is showing some growth in the mini corps arena. Shenandoah Sound is on what?? Their 100th season in exsistance??? (kidding). But they keep on trucking.

Alliance and CorpsVets are both geographically close to each other and are very successful at putting together a competitive corps year end and year out. They both have Spirit drum and bugle corps in their back yard recruiting and it does not seem to be hurting them any so really your arguments/debate or opinion on the subject matter posted is seriously flawed.

Well Cam. Lips.

You are Absolutly right with " .....with one agenda. To build the best DCI corps they could." I Do Not doubt that at all.

"DCAS is full of talent and choices of corps to march with. Two power house corps (Alliance and CorpVets) are just a few hours down the road. Florida is seeing some progress with their corps. Alabama is showing some growth in the mini corps arena. Shenandoah Sound is on what?? Their 100th season in exsistance??? (kidding). But they keep on trucking."

Well if you have read much of my Posts on here you would know that, I am VERY aware of the GROWTH of DCA over all and DCA-S in particular. I have mentioned ALL the groups you mentioned Many, Many Times, to Prove that DCA should be able to GROW out West better.(and other places) The South was never a Corps Hot spot in the the Big Time Drum and Bugle Corps History. But, DCA - South, Proved it Can be done , and done Well. Now look at the Growth in the Midwest since the "Olden Day's" also. " Minn. Brass", "Kilties", "Govies", on one side and "Cinci Tradition" and now "Ark. Thunder", (and who knows. "Lakeshore" might be back one day) on the other side Maybe more to come (Prairie Sound ETC). They have come a long way back since "Skokie", "Hamns", and "Spirit of '76", ETC. all went away. Back near the Top again!

I only mentioned the Northeast was because of: the Larger amount of people, and many more people with Experience to get members from. Then the ease to compete more in a smaller area at least at first. The number of people that march, or have marched, or know someone that: either Did or Does march is Far greater in the Northeast thats all.

My Point was. I do not beilieve that the group in DCI Open Class did not think the name "They Chose", well After a Group with just about the "same Name" in the "same Place" would Not be a problem to the ALREADY existing group. Like I said. I wrote to them about that, Before they got the thing going. They just did Not Care. So any way. If you think that I was "disrespectful to the DCI O.C. group. That is fine with me.

I happen to CARE more about a DCA group we will not have, more than a DCI group, that may, or may not have hurt a DCA group. It seems their Plan worked out well for them, no matter what either of us, thinks is right.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

BUCS????? :spitting::blink::cry::omg::tic::wow:

Not THAT shocking

Edited by camel lips

I do not beilieve that the group in DCI Open Class did not think the name "They Chose", well After a Group with just about the "same Name" in the "same Place" would Not be a problem to the ALREADY existing group. Like I said. I wrote to them about that, Before they got the thing going. They just did Not Care. So any way. If you think that I was "disrespectful to the DCI O.C. group. That is fine with me.

I happen to CARE more about a DCA group we will not have, more than a DCI group, that may, or may not have hurt a DCA group. It seems their Plan worked out well for them, no matter what either of us, thinks is right.

If the fine folks at MCL are blaming their failure to recruit on what the DCI corps named itself, they have far bigger problems than recruiting.

If the fine folks at MCL are blaming their failure to recruit on what the DCI corps named itself, they have far bigger problems than recruiting.

And that couldn't be further from the truth.

Edit

Edited by camel lips

What I was saying is the news that is coming would not be as shocking as if say the bucks announced they were folding. Hope that clears that up.

I Said (and I stand by what I said)

"When I first saw the info on the start up of the DCI, O.C. group. I sent an email asking, "WHY that name?" "Was there Nothing else is could be?" "If nothing else could you at least add something to it, so to stop any confusion, by Potential Members, Donors, or event Sponsors?" "No". That was what they wanted, by a majority of those connected. So it looked to me like there was more to it than was put out by the "New" organization. I just knew deep down inside this was NOT going to be good for M.C.L. But they, M.C.L. being a Class group never said a word about things. They played nice as possible with the "Newbies".

I was pointing out that: " Potential Members " ------ " Donors " ----- or " Event Sponsors " Might, or could be confused. I do not mean that Die Hard "Drum Corps" people. Like when a Local "Donor" or Local "Event Sponsor was going to do something. Both using the "TERM" Music City. Both being Drum Corps from "NASHVILLE,TN".

(not the same as having the, "Hawthorne Caballeros", "Cleveland Caballeros", "Cambridge Caballeros" or the one from Stockton, Calif.. I can asure you NO ONE had a problem telling them apart). Then also their was No Problem having and knowing the difference Between. "Hawthorne Caballeros" and the "Hawthorne Muchachoes" That's why I even sugested Before the Official name was chosen. Something like Music City Stars, or something.

That's all I was saying. They wanted Music City Drum and Bugle Corps. So they went with it. But, does that not make it Look, like they are THE One and only from Nashville the Music City. And also remember MCL of DCA, NEVER said anything about the DCI O.C. group

That is what "I" said, AND is "MY OPINION". I am in No Way connected to, or with MCL.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

I was a member of MCL at the time that Music City came out. Trust me on this no one was happy that they chose the name Music City, but as you said most of the people at MCL had far too much class. MCL actually would refer people under 21 to Music City, because nobody wanted it to be a competition between the two corps. Music City, however does not accept members under 18, so MCL still had a good number of young 'uns. God knows that I certainly didn't agree with many of the decisions made by the previous management and instructional staff, but I do give them props for taking the higher ground in regards to Music City Drum and Bugle Corps.

As a Board member of Music City Legend, I just want it known that all the speculation and conversation in this thread is not being made by members of MCL. MCL is not placing blame on any organization for the issues we have faced in the last year and a half. We wish only the best for the Music City D&B Corps and all of our DCA friends. Here's to a very successful season for DCA.

• Like 2