So from what i can tell..

You mean to tell me you think they can keep that momentum up? Crown couldnt do it in 2010. What makes you all so positive Bluecoats can?

I dont see them placing higher than 4th. Which is probably where they'll end up.

-78 . so this is obviously not the first time this guy is consciously being a pain on these forums, mods , can we just ban him and his IP so he can never post on these forums again through a different account?

• Like 1

-78 . so this is obviously not the first time this guy is consciously being a pain on these forums, mods , can we just ban him and his IP so he can never post on these forums again through a different account?

awww well thats not very nice

• Like 2

People get a kick out of speculating.

Me, well, yeah it's fun, and we pretty much know who is going to be at Finals with the exception of one, MAYBE two corps, we don't know who is going to win, we don't know whose show is going to be a complete flop, and whose show is going to be the most surprising, but come on, the season hasn't even started yet.

Like I said before, I just hope that more shows will be entertaining to me this year than last year...last year wasn't a very good year for me entertainment-wise - there were only a small handful of shows I was actually excited to see more than once. And I saw half of all WC shows at least 5 times or more, being a volunteer on tour with a top 12 corps.

But people will always speculate, but let's not forget that scores really don't matter all that much.

If I had a choice between having no judging at all, or no drum corps at all, I'd of course choose the first option.

BW

its okay though. i come on here out of boredom just to stir things up. So im not really worried about it :tongue:

Then get a life?:eh:

• Like 3

Ban him ? For what ? being " a pain " in the butt ? or embarrasing himself ? No. I kind of got a good chuckle watching the fool come on here and tell us how he betrayed a close friend by going public with info given to him in confidence by his close friend. I mean com'on, that stuffs priceless, imo. If this poster decides to make a fool of himself like this,and bring us a chuckle in the process with such stupidity, why get in his way ? And why ban such entertainment ? We shouldn't ban somebody for stupidity, imo. I say just bring out some popcorn and watch the fool bring out some more beauts like this in the future. And if we're going to ban posters for " being a pain in the butt ", be careful here as most of us will probably momentarily cross over into the dark side at one time or another on here in the future, and who's to say the call won't go out to ban us for acting like a fool ? So I say... be careful what you wish for. Besides, if this fool is not your cup of tea in entertainment, then just scroll on by whenever you see his posts. That'd be my simple suggestion anyway. Right now, I don't see his comments as banable. But then again this isn't my site, and its not my call either.

Edited by BRASSO

Why should they ban him? He's done nothing wrong (other than betraying his friend's trust, which is not punishable here.) People here have said much worse about the Cadets and other corps. Should we ban those posters too? Their words were actually vitriolic and closer to violating actual board standards.

The rating is nothing but a popularity contest and a plea for attention. Now I have to read through posts like "I don't know why so and so down-voted you because..." I can't even believe they put that on this site. It's bad enough on reddit and now it's starting up here. I switched to the mobile version so I wouldn't have to see it.

Back on topic, I think Cadets will be in the top 2, along with The Cavaliers. I'm hoping for SCV to reestablish itself in the top 3 as well.

• Like 1

Perhaps this "friend" knows EXACTLY the type of person the OP is, and fed him this information knowing that it would get out...who's to say the information is "fact"???? Maybe the real "bloodbath" will be for the runner-up positions....something to think about, IMHO...

Ban him ? For what ? being " a pain " in the butt ? or embarrasing himself ? No. I kind of got a good chuckle watching the fool come on here and tell us how he betrayed a close friend by going public with info given to him in confidence by his close friend. I mean com'on, that stuffs priceless, imo. If this poster decides to make a fool of himself like this,and bring us a chuckle in the process with such stupidity, why get in his way ? And why ban such entertainment ? We shouldn't ban somebody for stupidity, imo. I say just bring out some popcorn and watch the fool bring out some more beauts like this in the future. And if we're going to ban posters for " being a pain in the butt ", be careful here as most of us will probably momentarily cross over into the dark side at one time or another on here in the future, and who's to say the call won't go out to ban us for acting like a fool ? So I say... be careful what you wish for. Besides, if this fool is not your cup of tea in entertainment, then just scroll on by whenever you see his posts. That'd be my simple suggestion anyway. Right now, I don't see his comments as banable. But then again this isn't my site, and its not my call either.

I see your point, and i don't think what he has said on this thread is banable. But his profile said -78, so that tells me that he may intentionally have this account only to be a troll...(I mean... how does one even achieve a -78??? I'm not even mad... that's amazing. *name the movie*) which should be banable to me. And if you or I cross over into the dark side (yes, admitedly I have some opinions that some don't agree with) it will be just what you said, a momentary cross over at one time or another, not a constant trolling. Anyone that exists only to cause trouble should be dealt with, but not a huge deal I suppose. Anywho, I will live and not care too much either way, carry on, my wayward sun.

:tongue:

going by what ive heard/seen from reliable sources, its going to be a blood bath between Blue Devils, Cavaliers and Cadets. Mostly between cavaliers and BD. I know its too early to tell, but i have a hunch the cavaliers will bring the fire and give BD a run for their money. I also dont see devils dropping out of the top two. Not that im a devils fan, i just dont see a corps thats been consistent will lose momentum now. Any thoughts?

At this point in the season (several weeks away from the first show), it is impossible to really get a bead on what type of season we're in for. Knowing staff members from Cavaliers, BD, and Cadets, I know that there is a strong rivalry to win: that's not too different from any other year, though the "avoid/maintain a three-peat" mentality from those corps this year presents a stronger 'drive.' I'm sure Bluecoats, Crown, and SCV fans will also want to chime in with the "don't leave us out of that discussion" argument, and every other corps wants to move up.

Remember, all spring we have NOTHING but hype: that's not a bad thing, and obviously there's truth to the hype. But without any performances or competitions we have absolutely nothing to base expectations on.

• Like 1