DCA Open/Class A Breakdown

Cooter is...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. I think Cooter's predictions are....

• Spot on as always
    • CRAAAAAAZY Cooter!!!
    • a little off - more Open and Less Class A
    • a little off - more Class A and Less Open
    • What's a cooter?

Has anyone hear anything on 6th Street Regiment ? have they had an evaluation .

Skyliners had a bad showning at there evaluation the corps is sitting down next week to see where they want to go.

I thought Gulf Coast Sound was staying close to home this season and would not be at DCA

Any word from the Lake Shoremen ?

I for one would love to see all corps there ,have you guys been voting for Southern Cal.Dream ? I have ,maybe if they get the grant they could afford DCA

This is excellent news as DCAS needs another strong open class corps to fill out the ranks.

I hope you guys have the numbers to back it up. Generally Class A ISH size corps do not fair well on todays sheets. Todays sheets are largely about visual and field coverage. Without the field coverage you have a disadvantage going in. It can be made up by cleanliness and programming but emphasis is on the visual.

I wish you guys the best and good luck this season.

I think they are going to be fine. Someone said in another thread that they passed their evaluation with over 80 members. My prediction is that they will give some of the other groups in Open Class a run for their money. If their staff is taking competition seriously (and is smart about their instructional descisions), they will do big things this year.

You guys are no fun. Are you willing to at least stick your neck ou and give your predictions for 2009?

:blink::thumbdown:

Cooter,

Are you quite certain you want our predictions for 2009?

This may not be a Big deal, how you have them listed.

. But the Correct name for "Thunder(Arkansas)" IS - "Arkansas Thunder".

I think that "Thunder(Tampa Bay)" is the same - "Tampa Bay Thunder"

Both have the Location Listed as Part of the Name.

"Arkansas Thunder" - "Tampa Bay Thunder" (like "Minnesota Brass Inc", "Carolina Gold" both do it)

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Mellohorn's predictions:

Open Class - 10

Alliance

Buccaneers

Caballeros

Corpsvets

Empire Statesmen

Hurricanes

Kilties

Minnesota Brass

Thunder (Tampa Bay)

Windsor Regiment (haven't heard much regarding numbers from this group)

Class A - 12

Bushwackers

Carolina Gold

Cincinnati Tradition

Excelsior

Fusion Core (maybe Open)

Govenaires

Gulf Coast Sound

High Country Brass

Shenendoah Sound

Sunrisers

Thunder (Arkansas)

White Sabers

Edited by MelloHorn13

You guys are no fun. Are you willing to at least stick your neck ou and give your predictions for 2009?

:blink::thumbdown:

Yes. In 2009, The Buccaneers will win the DCA Open Class championship and the Govenaires wil take the Class A title.

And yes. We are no fun. :tongue:

This early speculation/prediction stuff still beats the old days... when we often wouldn't know for sure until the pre-contest meeting on Labor Day weekend exactly how many corps would be showing up.

We had to wait to see if the rumors of "this corps from Canada or that corps from the Midwest" or whatever would prove to be true or not.

I gotta admit, though.... that setup made for some great surprise "wake-up calls" at Prelims... when a virtually unknown corps would drop in seemingly out of nowhere and blow the place away early in the day.

• Like 1

whoever scores highest wins

And the corps that show up will be there. I get it. Just havin' a little fun and trying to breathe some life into this comatose forum.

Last day to post your predictions before DCA announces.

whoever scores highest wins

This early speculation/prediction stuff still beats the old days... when we often wouldn't know for sure until the pre-contest meeting on Labor Day weekend exactly how many corps would be showing up.

We had to wait to see if the rumors of "this corps from Canada or that corps from the Midwest" or whatever would prove to be true or not.

I gotta admit, though.... that setup made for some great surprise "wake-up calls" at Prelims... when a virtually unknown corps would drop in seemingly out of nowhere and blow the place away early in the day.

My fav in 1979 at (what I thought was my last year). Walking back to the buses at Hershey Stadium after meal break between Prelims and Finals and see a corps we didn't know standing in a cluster listening to someone. We walk over to see who it was and suddenly the group leaves out a scream and start running around and jumping up and down. :blink: One big dude grabs me in a bear hug, picks me off the ground and spins me while yelling "We're in!! We're In". My response (after getting my air back) was "Great!! Who are you?". He answered and I still didn't get it.

Turned out to be La Clique Alouette and the guard did a Can Can that had the place rocking. We were outside waiting to compete and thinking "Oh ####!".