Season opening dates in TX

I think for the Round Rock show its up but not sure about the first one

They both list the corps in different (reverse actually) order but they both say "Order of performance will be released closer to the event". Saginaw has 1 to 8 and Round Rock has 8 to 1.

• Like 3

They both list the corps in different (reverse actually) order but they both say "Order of performance will be released closer to the event". Saginaw has 1 to 8 and Round Rock has 8 to 1.

Yeah, I was looking at that last night and who knows that could be the performance order

I would think the order would be the reverse of the finals in Indy last August.

Something like:

Blue Stars

Santa Clara Vanguard

Phantom Regiment

Cadets

Carolina Crown

Bluecoats

Cavaliers

Blue Devils

Then the next night would be the reverse order of how they finished in Saginaw.

Scores and placements for both shows are being held until Monday, so they couldn't use that to determine performance order the second night.

I heard that the performance order will be different each night, but I'm not sure how that will be determined.

"Why would DCI schedule a show in Texas and then leave out the Texas corps... it doesn't make any sense"

1) TOC shows are NOT DCI shows.

2) They are leaving out the TX corps on purpose. The whole point of the G8 is that those 8 corps don't want to share revenue with other corps. This is why they won't even allow any other corps to do an exhibition - they don't want to pay them.

actually DCI is involved with the TOC shows.

1) No, it's not 'funny,' or odd or whatever. Any show host can decide any line-up they want.

2) If Crossmen, Revo, Forte, or Genesis what to have a big show, by all means they can organize their own show and invite whomever they want to.

3) you assume Crossmen, Revo, Forte, or Genesis are 1) wanting to do this show and 2) ready to do this show.

There are PLENTY of shows on the schedule for all corps to perform in; if corps want a performance opportunity close to home to perform in, they can certainly organize and host their own show.

well...kinda. when you buy a DCI show, you get the lineup DCI gives you. Now some corps request to go to some places, but unlike DCA where a host says "I want you and you and you", DCI does not give hosts that much leeway

"Why would DCI schedule a show in Texas and then leave out the Texas corps... it doesn't make any sense"

1) TOC shows are NOT DCI shows.

2) They are leaving out the TX corps on purpose. The whole point of the G8 is that those 8 corps don't want to share revenue with other corps. This is why they won't even allow any other corps to do an exhibition - they don't want to pay them.

If the TOC is not a DCI show, why is DCI propomting it then?

well...kinda. when you buy a DCI show, you get the lineup DCI gives you. Now some corps request to go to some places, but unlike DCA where a host says "I want you and you and you", DCI does not give hosts that much leeway

This is true, but when there are shows like "Three C's" (Crown, Cadets, Cavaliers) from a year or two ago, or the YEA shows in early June, or other early season shows, there is MUCH more leeway: mostly because many corps either a) don't want to perform that early or b) don't want to travel that early. I suspect that if the four Texas corps wanted to host their own early season preview-type show, there would be nothing to stop them (I think that's what they're doing).

And really, there is no benefit for any of the Texas corps to go to these shows. Crossmen are not competitive when any of the Top 8, none of the other non-WC Texas corps are, and they'd still be playing to the same amount of people anyway because the bulk of the crowd would likely be watching groups in the lot. I think it is more beneficial for the Texas corps to host their own show that weekend, where they can use it as a recruiting tool and community PR.

And really, there is no benefit for any of the Texas corps to go to these shows. Crossmen are not competitive when any of the Top 8, none of the other non-WC Texas corps are

Imagine this lineup:

Pioneer

Surf

Colts

Glassmen

Boston

Phantom Regiment

Blue Devils

... none of these corps are competitive with each other. Is this hypothetical show also not beneficial to these corps?

The DCI schedule now says "Listed in reverse order of performance". That means Blue Stars appear first and BD last on Saturday, and BD appears first and Blue Stars last on Sunday. I will be at both shows, volunteering with Blue Stars. I am very happy Blue Stars will be the very first performance of the 2011 DCI season.

Edited by kansasDC