Season opening dates in TX

Go my DCI Austin seats, gonna be fun to see early drum corps, I never get that opportunity!!

Wes P

Well and if that's what they want to do.. more power to them... what ever floats their boat if they can afford it.

do you know how many emails YEA sends asking for gas money? hint: more than a few. So obviously they have some issues in this area.

But the two SA corps are about 80-90 miles from the Round Rock show. Forte is like 25-26 miles from the Ft Worth one. Hell those 3 could car pool.

Why would DCI schedule a show in Texas and then leave out the Texas corps... it doesn't make any sense.

What if there was a show in Concord while BD was around, and corps came from thousands of miles away to participate, but BD wasn't allowed to be at the show? How do you think that would go over?

• Like 2

It will also be interesting to see how far along some of these corps are that are notorious for having incomplete shows right out of the gate.

On these two dates, the 4 texas corps ( or at least 3) are involved in the Texas Drum Corps preview and a Father's day performance in Southlake, TX respectively. These are both standstill performances.

As alluded to - the Texas Drum Corps Preview will be on the Capitol steps on June 18. This is a great venue (yes, standstill only, but you can get right up close!), and best of all - it's FREE!

Most corps won't have a full, complete field show yet, but they've been working on music since Nov., so if you're in the area, come out and see the Texas corps premier their shows!

TxDCP info

I know the story... the G8, etc..

All that crap aside, anyone else think it kind of funny the season is opening with 2 shows deep in the heart of Texas, Ft. Worth and Austin, and none of the 4 DCI corps in the state of Texas are in either of those shows?

Instead they are dragging corps in from Cali and SC.

And I know the what the motivation is for these shows.. but wouldn't Crossmen, Revo, Forte or Genesis benefit from being tagged onto the front of these shows or at least associated with them. Hell they are in their home state..

(Yeah it's Wed and I'm bored at work :rolleyes: )

I have said all along adding in corps local to those shows would be great, but what do I know?

right, because if the 4 corps listed in the OP were at the show also, you wouldn't know who came out in first place.

None of the corps competing at this show are from anywhere near Texas, yet they are making the trek for 2 shows at the very beginning of the season. Does this make economic sense?

only if their increased cut of the gate is enough to cover it

I know the story... the G8, etc..

All that crap aside, anyone else think it kind of funny the season is opening with 2 shows deep in the heart of Texas, Ft. Worth and Austin, and none of the 4 DCI corps in the state of Texas are in either of those shows?

Instead they are dragging corps in from Cali and SC.

And I know the what the motivation is for these shows.. but wouldn't Crossmen, Revo, Forte or Genesis benefit from being tagged onto the front of these shows or at least associated with them. Hell they are in their home state..

(Yeah it's Wed and I'm bored at work :rolleyes: )

Well, of course you are right. But that scenario, which has been used for decades, in combining Open Class corps with World Class corps in shows, has been thrown out the window now because the self-annointed "Elite 8" don't want to share any money from the shows with any other corps.

Forget the fact that these "Tour of Champions" shows have several corps in them who have never won a Championship, and others who have not not won one in decades.

But this has been discussed on here ad nauseum.

"Why would DCI schedule a show in Texas and then leave out the Texas corps... it doesn't make any sense"

1) TOC shows are NOT DCI shows.

2) They are leaving out the TX corps on purpose. The whole point of the G8 is that those 8 corps don't want to share revenue with other corps. This is why they won't even allow any other corps to do an exhibition - they don't want to pay them.