SCV show video!

Ya I agree, what we need is more Malaguena. (SCV's show looks bad ayus)

Ad hominem response. You can do better than that.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Ya I agree, what we need is more Malaguena. (SCV's show looks bad ayus)

Not sure about Malaguena....but I sure would like to hear music presented by SCV similar to 2004, 2005.....some incredibly exciting/crowd stirring stuff there :worthy:

Thanks for the vid SCV :thumbup:

Not sure about Malaguena....but I sure would like to hear music presented by SCV similar to 2004, 2005.....some incredibly exciting/crowd stirring stuff there :worthy:

Thanks for the vid SCV :thumbup:

If SCV did schaherazade as an encore, I'd flip!!! Hopefully Rennick can get the same arrangement for the percussion. (well...maybe just the drum break lol)

I'm just so burnt out on whole note power chords and mindless chromatic marimba runs. It's all DCI is anymore, it seems. So very very tired of that.

But thanks, SCV, for at least giving us something to watch. Drumline sounds good. :thumbup:

This year for SCV isn't nearly as bad as previous years. I think you'll love the show.

I loved SCV's show last year. But this year's music to me (so far) sounds like Blue Devils' last year...just random noise. I hope that changes, but I won't see anyone until finals (if then even...) since I have decided not to go to any shows this year. The electronics and terrible shows finally did me in. More time for magic!

I wish SCV all the best this year. They are usually one of my favorite corps. Here's hoping I will feel the need to once again buy the blurays this year. I am doubtful at this point. (not because of SCV, just the activity in general.) :bored:

Ad hominem response. You can do better than that.

Not really an ad hominem in the first place, but doing better than that would be pointing out that not only were those chords not power chords (not root-fifth chords), none of the mallet runs were chromatic, either (most of them sounded minor or perhaps octatonic).

It's weird that there's people predicting it will be "too weird" for fans to get into and yet people claiming it will be "too standard." I don't think anything about this show is average.

Also, the stigma attached to "intentionally dissonant" music is kind of disturbing. If you listen to the

, you should find it listenable, especially because the tonality and musicality of it is reflected in a lot of highly-praised drum corps programming. Phantom '06 used Corigliano, whose large-ensemble music even I find a little hard on the ears, but I don't see many people saying that show was not fan friendly. Edited by Stryfe
  • Like 1

Not really an ad hominem in the first place, but doing better than that would be pointing out that not only were those chords not power chords (not root-fifth chords), none of the mallet runs were chromatic, either (most of them sounded minor or perhaps octatonic).

It's weird that there's people predicting it will be "too weird" for fans to get into and yet people claiming it will be "too standard." I don't think anything about this show is average.

Also, the stigma attached to "intentionally dissonant" music is kind of disturbing. If you listen to the

, you should find it listenable, especially because the tonality and musicality of it is reflected in a lot of highly-praised drum corps programming. Phantom '06 used Corigliano, whose large-ensemble music even I find a little hard on the ears, but I don't see many people saying that show was not fan friendly.

You have hit the nail on the head without realizing it. To many of us old-time fans who crave thing called 'melody', it all sounds like power chords and chromatic mallet runs.

To the music intelligentsia, it does not.

I hope there are enough of the latter to fill the stands and pay the bills

I loved SCV's show last year. But this year's music to me (so far) sounds like Blue Devils' last year...just random noise. I hope that changes, but I won't see anyone until finals (if then even...) since I have decided not to go to any shows this year. The electronics and terrible shows finally did me in. More time for magic!

I wish SCV all the best this year. They are usually one of my favorite corps. Here's hoping I will feel the need to once again buy the blurays this year. I am doubtful at this point. (not because of SCV, just the activity in general.) :bored:

We'll let you know! I've gotten SO close to where you are this year, but I seem to fall back into the "I have hope" category each year.