Staff quotes

M&M instructor on the tower holds up his hand and shouts to me to do the same thing ( backfield )

Then he shouts " You see the distance between my hand and yours ? THATS how big of a #### up you are today"

Activity badly needs corporate sponsorship, local and parental support.

This thread/twitter feed... not in the top 10 good ideas.

Think, people.

If threads can be deleted or filtered from Google... would be a good idea.

Lighten up, PC Monkey.

Lighten up, PC Monkey.

I'm the last person in the universe to ever be called PC.

Stop and think about this for a second... read through this thread. Though amusing, and quite understandable or even tame in actual context... out of context, in a public forum... for readers with no experience with the activity, it doesn't really read the same way.

For the activity to move forward... corporate sponsorship and stronger partnerships are essential. Brands are very cautious about associations. Since this is a very popular forum for the activity, whenever you search for drum corps or related terms, it is one of the top results. Discussions like this coming up in random searches or light due diligence could, literally, be expensive... as potential sponsors and supporters outside the orbit of the activity may have second thoughts about connecting with their brand.

Bottom line, the image presented in this thread is out of sync with what should be publicly presented and what would be pitched to potential outside sponsors/partners/donors, etc.

I am not suggesting censorship. I am just suggesting that it may be beneficial for some topics to be moved to a subforum that is not visible to unauthenticated users and does not appear in searches.

• Like 1

"You guys sounded like a bunch of chickens running around with your heads cut off."

"the louder you play, the softer you tongue"... still excellent advice. I wish I could remember who said that that.