Wildwood, NJ Review

Thanks John for the review. It's always great to receive a positive review, however, it's just as important to receive the not so positive so you have another insight on things. When it's meant to be constructive as yours was it's a tool for the corps to work with!!

Once our guard is done and we add the bells and whistles everyone will be able to better appreciate our AfriCore..........Untamed show. We've only just begun to bring this show to life.

One thing is for sure, both classes are going to bring audiences exciting evenings of drum corps. That's why EVERYONE should get out to see a show near you.....or not so near and make it a mini vacation. There's nothing like seeing a show up close and personal!

Have a great season everyone........it goes so fast.

Oh, PS: Congrats to the Sunrisers and the faith that Nat, Larry and the rest of the crew had in that corps. You guys never let up and your hard work is paying off. I'm really happy for you guys!!!

Gold.....over the last few years you guys have always been one of the reasons Fusion pushes so hard.....your always right on our tail and NOW WE'RE ON YOURS :fight: but THAT'S what makes it fun. Through all the hard competition we give each other, we've always considered you guys friends :grouphug: !!! That's what I love about Drum Corps!!!

Windsor Regiment......congrats on your first show! Based on the reviews you guys are headed for a fun, successful season.

Cabs.......thanks for hosting a great show. The weekend was beautiful, the show ran on time and without a hitch!! Great job as always.

Reading, well, you guys are always a class act and I really appreciate your support of all the drum corps!!

Raiders and Cabs alum, I only heard you from the outside but sounds great!!

All in all.......I'm proud to be a Director of a Corps in the DCA arena!!!!

Dick, Dan, Fran and the rest of the gang.........always nice to see you!!!

Edited by hardcoremello
  • Like 1

awesome review John.

AND THANK YOU ABOUT THE DR. BEAT STUFF!!!

Excellent Review!

Donny

However, this corps is not going to contend for the title. They are not in the same league as Reading, nor are they in the same league as MBI has been over the last few years. If they can fill the holes and fix the design problems that have, they can challenge for the 3-5 spot, but thats going to be their ceiling. I really believe the judges gave Cabs the benefit of the doubt tonight with their numbers. I like the show, but I have to be honest in my assessment.

Again, I thought yours was a fine, knowledgeable review, however I still can't believe this paragraph received a free pass in this thread. Obviously you are not aware of the Caballero's 65 year history and umpteen American Legion championships. I refer you to the "wildwood" thread for a history lesson. :rolleyes:

Edited by VOReason

Again, I thought yours was a fine, knowledgeable review, however I still can't believe this paragraph received a free pass in this thread. Obviously you are not aware of the Caballero's 65 year history and umpteen American Legion championships. I refer you to the "wildwood" thread for a history lesson. :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Yea, whatever. Of course, I refer people using that argument to the last six years. What happened in 1975 has little to no bearing on what happens in 2011.

I'm a Cabs fan. A big one. But I also know they ain't winning in 2011.

Yea, whatever. Of course, I refer people using that argument to the last six years. What happened in 1975 has little to no bearing on what happens in 2011.

I'm a Cabs fan. A big one. But I also know they ain't winning in 2011.

Do you know Mondays lottery numbers too? That would be a big help.

Regardless of the level of preparation a corps presents at their first outing, writing off a their season after week one with 11 more to go is absolutely idiotic.

That corps has a HISTORY (there's that word you hate so much) of coming from behind and having a very successful season. There is a reason they are never counted out. They have PROVEN that they are always a contender.

Regardless of the level of preparation a corps presents at their first outing, writing off a their season after week one with 11 more to go is absolutely idiotic.

That corps has a HISTORY (there's that word you hate so much) of coming from behind and having a very successful season. There is a reason they are never counted out. They have PROVEN that they are always a contender.

No one said they wouldn't have a successful season. Not me, nor anyone else. I'm also not stupid. I've been around the activity a long time, as a performer and instructor. Cabs are not "always a contender" anymore than Bucs are (though they clearly have been since 2005). My saying Cabs won't win, based on my knowledge of drum corps in general and DCA specifically, is not any different than saying Phantom Regiment won't win DCI this year (and they won't).

If that offends you, that's your problem. I'm a Cabs fan, and wish them a successful season. But if they define success as winning, they are going to be disappointed. They are more then welcomed to prove me wrong.

.maybe they had their sights set a little higher than be JUST A CONTENDER..either way I do believe that when you have your sights set for that Brass ring or de- throneing someone you come out prepared. especially since you know you competitor will be. With that said, Cabs can and I'm sure will come back hard and ready to give it everything they have as always...Good Luck