Carolina lead color gaurd guy

He throws a 10? wow.

I don't know much about guard, but I thought that like, 6 and 7 were high numbers... so if that is accurate, 10 is just ridiculous.

He throws tens like other people throw sixes. It's pretty ridiculous to see. During breaks in rehearsal he'll call out to a staff person, they turn their head, the ten goes out, solid catch and he just smiles and say 'just for you' :-)

• Like 2

I don't actually remember seeing a 10 in the show at all... maybe an 8... maybe. Most of the tosses look more like 7's to me.

Edited by Stick Stack

Last season (and maybe others, not sure) there was another guy that marched Crown guard that had a lot of interaction with Herbert; the two had a lot of tosses. They both could toss real high. Does anyone know if that guy is back this year?

Phillip aged out :-(

Since I am not legally allowed to drink, I will put this comment under the "Have no clear idea of what was trying to be conveyed" category.

But I'll agree it was not a well-constructed sentence... haha.

You may have taken this from something I said in another thread. I mentioned that I found it interesting and slightly ironic that his shirt this year is purple with some kind of shiny silver threading in it, similar to the purple/silver used as the fabric for the '06 guard.

Regardless, he is maybe one of the greatest performers of our time. I don't know of any other single drum corps member that has drawn such (necessary and appropriate) acclaim.

That, and he's a great guy. :)

I know nothing of guard ability or talent, but Herbert does draw one's eye to his performance. The only other performer in DCI that I can think of that got as much "love" mostly from the Camera was BD's Jessica Allen back in the late 90's early 2000's.

It was the highest rifle toss i have ever seen. The only thing that comes close is the guy with the sabre toss in 99 boston i believe.

LOL, in this day and age of amps, electronics, keyboards, etc, etc the sight of old style guard work being dome still gets great responses... :thumbup: