DCI and Drum Corps Associates join forces in historic cooperative mark

this DCI/DCA/TOB news is all great. Three organizations that are looking around at the country, they see how much the arts are suffering. They are all doing their own things currently to maintain relavent and sustainable. Why not get together three decently ran organizations, and turn it into something even stronger. It should have been done LONG ago. And if we want the marching arts to survive, this is some of what we need, working together, efficiently. And what better than 3 organizations I happen to really like how things are getting done and changing for the better.

maybe good can come from both ends of the spectrum. DCI has learned a lot the last two years ( minus touring models) and maybe they realize they don't know it all. DCI, and TOB both know that good can come from DCI as well.

I know this acitivity is huge in everyone finding the hidden deep meaning and looking for conspiracies. Well here it is folks:

especially with this economy, the marching arts are hurting. Anything that groups can do together to promote the activity and push education is a good thing. DCI, to take ovr DCA, would have to radically alter it's charter, mission and 501c. Think they want to do that?

Now imagine...remember here in the East, not that long ago, shows with DCA and DCI corps in it? You could see that again, and not just here, but more everywhere! Imagine that...win win for all!! hell, there was one 25 minutes from me that drew 6000 fans or more every year. There were a few years Allentown didnt even draw that.

im sure you will have lots of opposition from DCA homers and many of the legasy fans but hey...works for me...also good to be supportive of the band associations...especially if your part of it..Guess there were lots of changes there from what i hear from many parts of the country..............as far as 501c all agers can be a 501c why would that make a difference..if thats what you were saying ..if not sorry about that..lol..as far as mission DCI can have several divisions...if you were talking the age thing well WGI's mission included world guards with no age limit so Im sure you didnt mean that...Oh well whatever it is time will tell,,,, opinions will come and go...heads will fly as things progress Im sure. Houses will be cleaned out..and all of that can be good.....Consolidate maybe its what the activity needs....or not..who knows..I'll just continue to do my own thing and what it is it is... :smile:

BUT the good thing is there will be a look to the future and do what maybe needs to be done to survive... Yes that is WIN WIN

Edited by GUARDLING

im sure you will have lots of opposition from DCA homers and many of the legasy fans but hey...works for me...also good to be supportive of the band associations...especially if your part of it..Guess there were lots of changes there from what i hear from many parts of the country..............as far as 501c all agers can be a 501c why would that make a difference..if thats what you were saying ..if not sorry about that..lol..as far as mission DCI can have several divisions...if you were talking the age thing well WGI's mission included world guards with no age limit so Im sure you didnt mean that...Oh well whatever it is time will tell,,,, opinions will come and go...heads will fly as things progress Im sure. Houses will be cleaned out..and all of that can be good.....Consolidate maybe its what the activity needs....or not..who knows..I'll just continue to do my own thing and what it is it is... :smile:

BUT the good thing is there will be a look to the future and do what maybe needs to be done to survive... Yes that is WIN WIN

read the thread in the DCA forum. very little complaining

read the thread in the DCA forum. very little complaining

then thats a good thing although we all know there are few on line compared to those out there in our community......But hey...it all works for me on both sides...heheheheheh

Edited by GUARDLING

then thats a good thing although we all know there are few on line compared to those out there in our community......But hey...it all works for me on both sides...heheheheheh

Wonder if anyone outside of DCP or readers of DCW will even know about it. Should be interesting how much of the combining is noticible.