What show do you love that everyone else hates?

Blue Devils 2008. Awesome, awesome show, and my favorite of the decade from them.

Cavaliers 2003. Should have won, in my opinion. Just amazing.

Star of Indiana 1993. What can be said that hasn't already been said?

Edited by Cardman
  • Like 2

Oh... I forgot the mother of love/hate shows: 93 Star is the greatest ever.

I'm surprised that wasn't on the first page, actually. :tongue: I figured I was too obvious to mention. Iconic show.

Cadets 2004

The Jethro Tull show.... one of my favorites of all time. It is so musical and exciting at the same time. And... that brass line sounds phenomenal. For those who have the original Tour of Champions "studio" recordings done after finals.... this corps sounds absolutely professional.

Absolutely. Cadets 2004 makes my list as well. Also arguably the second-to-last classic, powerhouse guard we've seen from the Cadets ('05 being the last). Wow. Such a beautifully designed and incredibly performed show; a clear underdog.

I didn't realize Cavs '03 was underrated? I thought that show was universally liked. But if it's truly got a few too many haters, I'll mention it, because I love it. Amazingly well-performed and such a thoughtful, cerebral design. BD 2003 remains my favorite show from that year, but Cavs knocked it out the park as well; many corps did that year, actually.

BD 2005 had, to this day, the best MC in DCI. And I actually really enjoyed that show. I thought it was adventurous for them, and oddly, compellingly designed. Loved the countdown at the end.

I don't know if people 'hate' it, but I don't hear many people mention PR '97 (The Ring). Still one of my favorite horn books from PR, ever.

Cadets 02 turned cheesy by season's end. But "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" is, to my mind, the show-stopping throwdown number of the decade. Unbelievably good. That guard? Minus an obvious fart at the end, they were perfection.

BD 2010, although it pains me to think of this show as one that so many people "hate"...

• Like 1

Phantom 04 - Apasionada 874

BAC 06 - Cathedrals of the Mind

Crown 06 - In.Trance.it

Cadets 06 - Volume 2: Through the Looking Glass

Glassmen 01 - Imago

Crossmen 04 - UNITY

Bluecoats 05 - Caravan

Star of Indiana 93 - Music of Barber and Bartok (Medea)

Phantom 89 - New World Symphony

Madison 04 - Madisonic

Cavies 05 - My Kind of Town

Crown 07 - Triple Crown

SCV 06 - Moto Perpetuo

SCV 03 - Pathways

Cadets 04 - Living With the Past: Music of Jethro Tull

SCV 05 - Russia: Revolution/Evolution: 1917-1991

Phantom 07 - On Air

BD 01 - Awayday Blue

BD 00 - Methods of Madness

Cavies 03 - Spin Cycle

***Final List****

Edited by gear48
  • Like 1

Bluecoats 05 - Caravan

Phantom 89 - New World Symphony

Crown 07 - Triple Crown

Phantom 07 - On Air

I'd say these four in particular are not hated by any means. And bring me the ####### HEAD of anyone who hates Caravan! :shutup:

• Like 2

Can't believe nobody has said BD 2010 yet. I won't, because I didn't like it. But I will say BD 2005, Cavies 2003 (not hated, just underrated IMO), and the early 2000's Glassmen stuff.

I was literally about to say this: "Chairs."

I did like that show. I thought it was clever and fun to watch, and to my ear the musical content and arrangements were excellent. (the Copland piece really worked for me, especially) I'm not sure it was a show that should have taken the top prize, but I truly didn't/don't care because for whatever reason it really grabbed me.

Edited to add: GAH... I skipped a year in my head, apparently. Chairs was 2009.

Edited by TerriTroop
  • Like 1

Coming from a Crown alumnus and on DCP, it will probably pain many to hear me say this, but I loved BD 2010. I thought it was absolutely amazing, incredibly difficult, highly artistic, powerful, and yes even ENTERTAINING (at least for me)...

I also liked the ABC's of Modern American Music by the Cadets, can't remember the exact year for that one...

really liked 2004 Cadets (Tull)

And I'll agree with 1985 PR - Loved that music.

I also liked the ABC's of Modern American Music by the Cadets, can't remember the exact year for that one...

1991. One of my favorite drum corps shows, and Cadets shows, ever.