What If: Madison Scouts in the Top 8

143 members have voted

1. 1. The Madison Scouts place within the Top 8 at the 2011 DCI World Championships. Assuming 2012 mirrors 2011, do they...

• ...participate in the 2012 Tour of Champions?
    • ...decline participation in the 2012 Tour of Champions?
    • ...do something else entirely? (Specify)
  2. 2. The Madison Scouts decide to participate in the 2012 Tour of Champions which mirrors the 2011 season. Are you...

• ...more likely to attend a TOC event?
    • ...less likely to attend a TOC event?
    • ...equally likely to attend a TOC event?
  3. 3. Do you consider yourself...

• ...a die-hard Scouts fan?
    • ...a general Scouts fan?
    • ...indifferent to the Scouts?
    • ...an individual who dislikes the Scouts?

Looking forward to BMMM weighing in on this :-)

I think it's more likely that we don't even see a "Tour of Champions" per se next year. Or if Madison makes top 8, it will become a nine-corps tour. If there is one and Madison is eligible, I can't imagine them turning it down. I'm assuming it means more money than alternative shows.

• Like 2

Looking forward to BMMM weighing in on this :-)

Why's that? If they wanna do a kickoff show with the Top 12 from the season before, then by all means.

But this series of shows at the exclusion of other corps is nonsense. How do you start each season with a clean slate when you're already behind the 8 ball? I mean, isn't that the point of a NEW season...to have a fresh start? Yet, we have this series of shows allowing for more head to head matchups among the Top 8. That clearly shows that those corps are "valued" more than others. This is a rich get richer scheme if there ever has been one. Which, I'm sure, was the intent from day one. How others can't see that is beyond me.

And to your assertion in the Murfreesboro thread, this is a principle issue for me. So no, I would not support it in the least.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 4

If there able to (meaning unless DCI makes them), Madison probably wont participate in TOC stuff, they do there own thing.

If there able to (meaning unless DCI makes them), Madison probably wont participate in TOC stuff, they do there own thing.

And I think that would be awesome. To participate in shows where other corps are able to perform, and say "thanks, but no thanks" to the TOC shows. There would be some egg on people's faces when they had to take the 9th place corps to fill out their TOC show and everyone knew why. That would be classic.

• Like 2

And I think that would be awesome. To participate in shows where other corps are able to perform, and say "thanks, but no thanks" to the TOC shows. There would be some egg on people's faces when they had to take the 9th place corps to fill out their TOC show and everyone knew why. That would be classic.

If Madison was in the G8 right now something tells me it wouldnt be a problem right now...

However, i do agree with the fresh start.

• Like 3

I just recall you feeling differently a few years ago for the California TOC.

[

quote name=BigBadMadMan' timestamp='1309545072' post='3022519]

Why's that? If they wanna do a kickoff show with the Top 12 from the season before, then by all means.

But this series of shows at the exclusion of other corps is nonsense. How do you start each season with a clean slate when you're already behind the 8 ball? I mean, isn't that the point of a NEW season...to have a fresh start? Yet, we have this series of shows allowing for more head to head matchups among the Top 8. That clearly shows that those corps are "valued" more than others. This is a rich get richer scheme if there ever has been one. Which, I'm sure, was the intent from day one. How others can't see that is beyond me.

• Like 1