What If: Madison Scouts in the Top 8

143 members have voted

1. 1. The Madison Scouts place within the Top 8 at the 2011 DCI World Championships. Assuming 2012 mirrors 2011, do they...

• ...participate in the 2012 Tour of Champions?
    • ...decline participation in the 2012 Tour of Champions?
    • ...do something else entirely? (Specify)
  2. 2. The Madison Scouts decide to participate in the 2012 Tour of Champions which mirrors the 2011 season. Are you...

• ...more likely to attend a TOC event?
    • ...less likely to attend a TOC event?
    • ...equally likely to attend a TOC event?
  3. 3. Do you consider yourself...

• ...a die-hard Scouts fan?
    • ...a general Scouts fan?
    • ...indifferent to the Scouts?
    • ...an individual who dislikes the Scouts?

Oh, you bet I did. But they placed their integrity on the line when they did what they did. That wasn't my fault or the fault of anyone else here. And if you think I'm the only one beating that drum, go back for some light reading. What they did was controversial...calling them on it, not so much.

You're kinda pushing it, not everyone's going to agree with your opinion. Not worth getting in an internet argument over. Although, I guess that's all that happens on this site. :tongue:

• Like 2

You're kinda pushing it, not everyone's going to agree with your opinion. Not worth getting in an internet argument over. Although, I guess that's all that happens on this site. :tongue:

I understand that, and that's fine. But it seems we're glossing over some of the facts to make the situation appear prettier than it was and less threatening than it was, that's all.

That's the point I'm making. :cool:

I understand that, and that's fine. But it seems we're glossing over some of the facts to make the situation appear prettier than it was and less threatening than it was, that's all.

That's the point I'm making. :cool:

I have no idea what's even behind the G7, TOC, ect, I try to keep my head out of it and just watch the shows and stalk for scores. It's kept me happy. :satisfied:

• Like 1

I think Drums on Parade has and will alaways bring a bigger crowd, than NightBeat. Even when Crown is 2nd and Madison is 15th.

Probably, since there are at least six long-established World Class corps (with the associated familiarity, fan base, alumni base, etc) based within an easy few hours' drive of Madison. Not exactly the same situation in Fort Mill.

Probably, since there are at least six long-established World Class corps (with the associated familiarity, fan base, alumni base, etc) based within an easy few hours' drive of Madison. Not exactly the same situation in Fort Mill.

Quit introducing reality.

Why? I said nothing controversial. And I'm 100% firm in my belief that the Scouts would not have been associated with it (the secret G7-G8 coup) had they even been in a position to be. You're right, I don't speak for the Scouts. I'm not a representative of the organization, nor have I ever claimed to be. I'm just a fan, fmm, and a guy who loves this activity. Same as you. But I certainly will challenge what I believe are misguided assumptions or statements. And your comments were very light on "fact".

YOU SAY you dont speak for the scouts yet your 1st line says you are 100% balh blah blah

I wouldnt assume anything unless you are in the position within the inner circle of management TODAY..others have been proved wrong many times making such bold statememts for others. Just a side note here and its not to get you all worked up.

Can you possibly see that your comments and arrogance as well as you high opinion of yourself in another thread is taking away from the most important thing and that is the 2011 madison Scouts....just a thought

• Like 1

So is the criteria for being invited to perform TOC shows that you must be Top 8 for two of the past three years? If this is so, Madison would not be eligible in 2012. Anyone?

So is the criteria for being invited to perform TOC shows that you must be Top 8 for two of the past three years? If this is so, Madison would not be eligible in 2012. Anyone?

That was what the G7 originally was demanding, iirc. Not sure that that's what was agreed upon in the end.

YOU SAY you dont speak for the scouts yet your 1st line says you are 100% balh blah blah

I wouldnt assume anything unless you are in the position within the inner circle of management TODAY..others have been proved wrong many times making such bold statememts for others. Just a side note here and its not to get you all worked up.

Can you possibly see that your comments and arrogance as well as you high opinion of yourself in another thread is taking away from the most important thing and that is the 2011 madison Scouts....just a thought

:tongue: Stop taking all that so seriously. I was joking around in that other thread. lol

And while I may be very confident in those at the top, that doesn't mean I couldn't be wrong. Only means that I personally am convinced.