Revolution

Cascades

Academy

Blue Knights

The Cadets

Phantom Regiment

Blue Devils

Tier 1

This is the first time Blue Devils and Cadets have met since their norcal interactions. Blue Devils have made some much needed visual changes and have many more to go. But is it enough to pass up The Cadets tonight? Will Phantom close the gap on BD or is the simplicity of the visual design going to start to hurt them now?

Tier 2

Last time Academy and BK where at the same show they were only separated by 2 points. Will this gap have widened or has Academy cleaned up their show enough to challenge BK for the first time ever in the corps existence? How will the Cascades fair in this?

OC

Gold and Revolution meet up for the first time this season and both of the corps last scored a 69 and some change. Who will come out on top in this battle and how cool is it that Gold has finally made the trek outside of California?

DISCUSS!!!!

My predictions

WC

1st Cadets 82.65

2nd Blue Devils 81.0

3rd Phantom Regiment 79.75

4th Blue Knights 77.25

5th Academy 75.9

6th Cascades 68.0

OC

1st Gold 71.25

2nd Revolution 70.9

I don't think BD will beat the Cadets at this show. I don't believe they will pass the Cadets until mid July. The gap between BD and Phantom will be around 2.8 with the gap between BD and Cadets at .3 IMHO

The show this year is in SLC for the first time, since the stadium at Weber State is getting some work done (artificial turf installed).

Here's hoping the show stays in SLC instead of moving back to Weber State next year.

Not only is the stadium loads bigger/better at University of Utah, but it could be an attractive sort of place for fans to catch a show as a sort of different sort of summer destination.

If next year is anything like this year, it will be possible to going skiing, then catch a show.

5905622359_7d66fc13e0_o.jpg

That was Snowbird the day before yesterday.

Also, it is possible to fly into SLC... go directly from the airport to the stadium (and hotels) via light rail, and take the rail back to the city center to bars or pubs after the show. No need for a car... and flights are cheap and short (about an hour) from anywhere in the west.

Would be great to see more shows planned around destination sort of places, with things to do other than drum corps in the mix to get more people considering working a show into their summer vacation plans.

Keeping the show in SLC vs. Ogden and keeping up having west coast corps plus 1-2 top east or midwest corps there could make this an interesting destination.

Tier 2

Last time Academy and BK where at the same show they were only separated by 2 points. Will this gap have widened or has Academy cleaned up their show enough to challenge BK for the first time ever in the corps existence? How will the Cascades fair in this?

I feel that the gap between the two will stay around the same. I think the brass of the Academy may be on par with BK this time around but visually are not as strong which is why they most likely will not pass them up this year. Nonetheless, The Academy have a KILLER show for 2011. Rock out with your Bach out Academy, Utah is about to have their mind blown thumbup.gif.

• Like 1

i think the Blue Devils will close the gap, but not yet pass them. it would be really exciting to see The Academy start getting a move on the Blue Knights. i dont think Phantom's going to get any closer to BD than tney are now.

I don't think BD will beat Cadets or the Cavaliers at all this year. I think they could get close to Cadets tonight.

Also, I like Weber Stadium, but U of Us stadium is certainly bigger and better. I'm sure the people complaining about RCCs tiger stadium would enjoy Weber State's stadium.

Edited by jjeffeory

I think Cadets are a solid 1-1.5 pts ahead of BD. Phantom around a 2-3 pt gap behind, BK 2-3 Pts above Academy. I am biased but I'm also a musician and music educator- Academy's hornline may be as loud as BK but they do not have the same maturity of sound! I do not think BK will be threatened by Academy this year, just me, people can disagree and thats fine. BK has a seasoned corps and better show this year! Good luck tonight to all!

I'll say

Cadets- 82.7

BD- 80.5

Phantom-78.8

BK- 76.9

Academy- 72.6

Cascades- 67.0

OC

Gold 71.0

Revo 70.5

Wes P

Wes P

The Academy show should take them to new heights as they tour through SLC and Loveland and hope to see them aptly

"Re"warded in Denver. This is be far their best designed, written and fan embraced show in WC competition thus far.

Onward and Upward, Go Academy!

I meant to type 81.5 not 80.5 for BD oops, #### thumb!!! :):)