• 2006: The Cavaliers - "Machine"
    • 2007: Blue Devils - "Winged Victory"
    • 2008: Phantom Regiment - "Spartacus"
    • 2009: Blue Devils - "1930"
    • 2010: Blue Devils - "Through a Glass, Darkly"
  2. 2. 1st Place - Vote 2

• 2000 (The Cadets)
    • 2000 (The Cavaliers)

Looks like BD won't have any wins in these polls. Interesting.

BD had a limited number of spots it could win in the first place, though. You'll note that Cavies haven't won any yet either...and for the same reason.

• Like 2

For me, it would have to be Cadets 2000. This show is the one that turned me into a huge drum corps fan. The execution and speed in the last 60 seconds is unbelievable! But there are so many great shows. There are no championship shows that I hate, so I actually like them all!

• Like 1

Is this supposed to be best show or is it favorite show? Cause the best is definitly not the favorite and the favorite is not the best. By looking how everyone has voted it seems like most seem to be voting favorite. No offense to fan favorite "Spartacus", but it is not the best of the batch.

Best: better then all the others/of the highest quality

Favorite: most liked / most personally favored

Best according to whom? If someone believes that the "best" thing a drum corps show can do is move the audience, then he might judge "Spartacus" to be the best -- even if he doesn't like it.

• Like 1

Is this supposed to be BEST show or is it FAVORITE show? Cause the best is definitly not the Favorite and the Favorite is not the Best. By looking how everyone has voted it seems like most seem to be voting favorite. No offense to fan favorite Spartacus, but it is not the Best of the batch.

I'm all for some fun egotistical commentary on DCP. Hell, I partake in this fun, frequently.

But this is borderline asinine. Surely you mean in YOUR opinion. Because you are far from the official gauge of the activity.

• Like 1

Is this supposed to be BEST show or is it FAVORITE show? Cause the best is definitly not the Favorite and the Favorite is not the Best. By looking how everyone has voted it seems like most seem to be voting favorite. No offense to fan favorite Spartacus, but it is not the Best of the batch.

Best: better then all the others/of the highest quality

Favorite:most liked/ most personally favored

I voted for the 2008 Regiment because I think it was the BEST. Do you know who also thought it was the best on Finals night in 2008?..... the professionally trained DCI judges. We seem to keep forgetting that.

I hate it that Spartacus gets such a bad rap for coming from behind and essentially "stealing" the championship from BD. And all of the people who say that BD was actually better.... well, that is your personal opinion. In my personal opinion (and the judges'), Regiment had the better show, and the better performance that night. I could just as easily complain that they did not win by a much larger margin. I thought they were far above anyone else in Brass, Percussion (which the judges agreed on), and in both effect captions. That is a decent chunk of the score.... and the visual design and performance I think was extremely underrated. From the frantic drill in the beginning to the "battle scene" and the theatrics at the end, it fit the music perfectly. Under a slightly different judging system, maybe one that rewards entertainment and connecting with the audience, this show would have perhaps won the title going away.... but let's not forget, that even under today's system, it still actually won.... That did happen. And in comparison to the other championships listed here, there is no way to definitively say it would not have won in any other year. Maybe 2008 BD and Regiment were the two best shows of the decade. If I were scoring, this show would have won easily against all others because I think it is the BEST... and that's why I voted for it.

• Like 1

2008 Phantom Regiment and 2002 Cavaliers.

Awesome awesome awesome.

• Like 1

My favorites, in order:

1. 2005 Cadets

2. 2008 Phantom

3. 2003 Blue Devils

4. 2000 Cavaliers

5. 2010 Blue Devils

6. 2000 Cadets

7. 2007 Blue Devils

8. 2003 Cavaliers

9. 2006 Cavaliers

10.2009 Blue Devils

11.2001 Cavaliers

Edited by Lance

BD had a limited number of spots it could win in the first place, though. You'll note that Cavies haven't won any yet either...and for the same reason.

or The Cadets. for the same reason.

interesting.