Drums Along The Rockies

Right now there is some phasing still... but it isn't nearly as bad as past seasons, or other corps around them right now. But I can't debate 89 especially.

Got to give some Jamey Thompson love to that, as well. He sets them up in a greater position to succeed than we've seen the last two years.

Okay... you got me... but it is early in the season... and right now I see more consistent technique across the whole ensemble compared to at least 2001.

Maybe. I also know that cleaning white fly fishing waders and khaki jackets is a lot different than cleaning drill with their current uniforms. The corps, in general, wasn't scoring well in brass, percussion, or general effect. The feet scores were the highlight of the season for most of the members, because it was the only caption they were beating the big kids in (maybe not finals, but throughout the season).

Speaking of feet... another (not top 3 corps) had ridiculously good feet that year. Glassmen.

Go Cadets! I hope the injured members are okay, and I hope the electronics imbalance is corrected. Big night in Omaha tonight!

I just watched the show from last night. I'm REALLY loving Cadets' show (of course), but I am getting extremely ticked off with the synth covering up the brass line. Absolutely annoying to me. The brass sounds excellent but you can hardly hear them with all that, what did someone say? Thunderous Goo???

TONE DOWN THE #### SYNTHS!!!!

Didn't they pass a rule allowing walkie-talkies or what not so that the guy running the soundboard could adjust things?

Didn't they pass a rule allowing walkie-talkies or what not so that the guy running the soundboard could adjust things?

I don't know but someone needs to make adjustments. God I hope they fix it before I see them live in Allentown and Giant's.

Anyone notice any new changes to the Cadets show? (besides the goo) I heard they were at least changing the pace of the show going into the first hit, changing the pole work during the battle, and doing something to the ballad maybe? It's the ending that needs the most work IMO, but maybe they're working on that, too.

RE: Electronics too loud!

I can't agree with you more....and this goes for ALL the corps. To the judges: Since when did the principles of "Blend and Balance" go out the window with the addition of electronics? If a mellophone overplays, they are naturally discredited for not playing within the ensemble....but when a synthisized harp jars me from my seat, that's OK? Or when a pit is obviously over-amplified. I'm willing to accept electronics, but I will not accept a poorly balanced ensemble....c'mon DCI, you're better than that! Just my 2 cents. :)

• Like 2

They must have, because I was at a CA show when a staff member with a walkie sat next to me. When his front ensemble started playing, I jumped a little and mumbled "whoa pit, way too loud"...he got on his walkie and said "turn down the pit" (this happened several times throughout the show). So to answer your question, yes...they have the ability to correct the problems.

I noticed when the dueling drumlines meet head on in their drum features, the horns/guard are doing a "slow motion" effect....allowing us to focus on the confrontation between the percussion. I like it!

<quote>Anyone notice any new changes to the Cadets show? (besides the goo) I heard they were at least changing the pace of the show going into the first hit, changing the pole work during the battle, and doing something to the ballad maybe? It's the ending that needs the most work IMO, but maybe they're working on that, too.

Edited by jent