Blue Devils 2011 show is elevator music?

Keep in mind, the house is still under construction

I'm still waiting for ty Pennington to yell "move that bus"

seriously tho, this is the most I have musically enjoyed BD since the Godfather show

Good to know we have are priorities in line here...

Dear kids, all that matters in the arts is whether you win or lose. Who cares that most of your audience doesn't appreciate you, we are winning.

someone is asking for trouble with this post..

:ph34r:

Wait'll you see the sump pump!

There is a 30% chance of thunder/rain for the MN show ... they BETTER NOT need a sump pump this year!!

:tongue:

There is a 30% chance of thunder/rain for the MN show ... they BETTER NOT need a sump pump this year!!

:tongue:

I think they are going to be OK, they added a roof at the Walnut show.

I dont have a huge problem with BDs music... it doesnt do much for me, but at least its not the crap that last year was.

Their visual design however... leaves much to be desired.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 4

I think they are going to be OK, they added a roof at the Walnut show.

I have a friend that could give them a good deal on seamless aluminum rain gutters if they have an interest!

I dont have a huge problem with BDs music... it doesnt do much for me, but at least its not the crap that last year was.

Their visual design however... leaves much to be desired.

Geeez, and last years show IMHO was one of the MOST musical shows in 20 years

• Like 3

Geeez, and last years show IMHO was one of the MOST musical shows in 20 years

I think it's unfortunate that anyone would use the word "crap" to describe anyone's show. Real classy. Were there some parts I didn't enjoy from BD's 2010 show? Sure, but the jazz fugue in the middle of the show was one of the most brilliant (and brilliantly performed) pieces I've heard in a while. You know, Alex...everyone can't play Malaguena for 10 1/2 minutes. Geez!

• Like 2

Call it whatever you want. "Elevator music" or whatever. I loved BD when I saw them at Clovis on 6/24. I have been a BD fan since the mid-80s and this is one of my favorite music books ever.

I have to laugh at the notions that 3rd or 4th place is a failure, and that it's time for Downey and company to pack it in. I'm so glad Wayne didn't quit after Blue Devil failures such as 1988, 1993, 1995 and 1998.

To each our own, but I'd much rather read gushings about shows and corps that you DO like.

I think it's unfortunate that anyone would use the word "crap" to describe anyone's show. Real classy. Were there some parts I didn't enjoy from BD's 2010 show? Sure, but the jazz fugue in the middle of the show was one of the most brilliant (and brilliantly performed) pieces I've heard in a while. You know, Alex...everyone can't play Malaguena for 10 1/2 minutes. Geez!

I call it as i see it. BD's music last year was excellently performed crap, and most fans agreed.

• Like 5