Omaha Steaks

now that looks like and empire Statesmen prop...lmao

Looks like? I'm fairly certain that was our prop last year....legs sticking out and all....

FWIW I think a lot of the GPS problem are just still just bad maps in the database (private lanes marked at public, cowpath marked as paved, etc...).

Exactly. The civilian lack of precision in the GPS in past years was because the satellites were encoding the finest location data while sending the coarser data in the clear.

The satellites broadcast their time signals independently. They can't "cooperate" with other satellites to fuzz location data in particular places but not others.

Having run into a lot of GPS problems over the years I can tell you that some places just have bad map data. Obviously the Googles and TomToms of the world and whoever they buy their map data from don't have staff checking every roadway in America every year. And I'm sure some of the fault lies with local governments who probably don't always keep perfect data on street numbering patterns. Not to mention construction, which can totally blow the GPS's planned route out of the water.

As for accuracy, some places it's hard to get locks on enough satellites to get really accurate data. You have to have at least three, but four is even better. If that fourth is going in and out on you, that can be enough error to get the GPS unit confused if the landscape is hilly enough. And if you can't get a lock on three, well your GPS is totally worthless for however long it takes to find the next one.

Not to mention that using GPS all the time totally numbs your mind's sense of direction and ability to make reasonable guesses about what to do in an ambiguous situation. I'm willing to bet that an experienced driver who takes the time (if she has it) to study maps and satellite images of the planned route prior to the drive will always outperform a GPS at finding the destination accurately and working around any complexities in the route.

Oh, and uh, go SCV!

Cavaliers, Cadets, Blue Devils, Crown and...who's the fifth corps you have in mind?

I was going to throw in the Coats. I know it is a stretch!

I was going to throw in the Coats. I know it is a stretch!

yeah, unless they make some major changes (which they currently are doing) the coats are sitting in a solid 5th.