Wherefore art thou, G8?

I beg to differ. It would be beneficial if no such organized Group Slotting System took place within the World Class Division in the first place, imo. It is inherently divisive, thoroughly unfair to the concept of fair competition, and frankly would never be found instituted in any competitive sport in the world. The notion that what one did in competition in a given year would advantage one the FOLLOWING year with an announced advantage to the public and competitors itself is both unseemly and portends a rigged system that benefits a few at the expenxe of the others. I hope the G8 falls apart. I think if it did, it would be a most positive thing for the future health of the activity as a whole, and provide us MORE unpredictability and upward mobility opportunities for more Corps. I will go so far to state that no person who truly values a level playing field in the World Class Division can support such a terrible slotted system... whether it was a G4, G6, or a G12.

and this never took place before? :wow:

Care to explain where this was not accurate ?

( the phrase " love at first sight " is manifested in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Romeo fell in love the first time he meets Juliet, according to Shakespeare himself. Most interpretations of the readings of Shakespeare have Juliet smitten with Romeo at first sight as well. This is well before the utterance of Juliet cited above in the play are made chronologically. )

oic

anyhoo, it will be interesting to see what happens with G8 after this season for sure.

Madison's going into the top eight for sure, and IMO, they should be performing in Murfreesboro. Why is DCI taking away the current season rankings, and allowing last years rankings to qualify for the Masters show? Makes no sense to me. Maybe this is valid for the first couple of weeks of the season, but last year is OLD NEWS!

• Like 3

How about G9-17. I'll go to that show instead.

• Like 1

For those of you not familiar with Elizabethean grammar "Wherefore" means Why", hence "WHY are you G8"?

Madison's going into the top eight for sure, and IMO, they should be performing in Murfreesboro. Why is DCI taking away the current season rankings, and allowing last years rankings to qualify for the Masters show? Makes no sense to me. Maybe this is valid for the first couple of weeks of the season, but last year is OLD NEWS!

I wouldnt say 'for sure'.. based on current spread rankings, Blue Stars are neck and neck (if not slightly ahead) of Madison. Theyve only had one head to head, and that was a good while ago.

I would agree about current season competitive standings determining the lineup for the TOC shows, however,that creates a issue as these TOCs have a bunch more crap (and crap definitely sounds like the right word for it) theyre doing as part of these shows.

and this never took place before? :wow:

There was always the charges routinely heard by long timers that there is " slotting " within the World Class Division. I usually dismisssed those charges. Never in my wildest dreams did I think however that they'd one day be a subdivision created within the World Class Division that was based on previous years results that would slot the Corps within the Division starting out for the following season. So, yes, this creation of a newly slotted subdivision is unprecedented in my opinion. At least to the extent that the slotting that is prearranged for an upcoming season is now open and public, anyway. The concept of a G7 ( later that become an G8 due to political maneuvering)was hatched behind closed doors. This is indisputable. But it was adopted for this year on trial basis by DCI. This does not make the slotting within the World Class Division any less oderous however, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

For those of you not familiar with Elizabethean grammar "Wherefore" means Why", hence "WHY are you G8"?

From a dramatic standpoint, it's actually a little more loaded than that, John. It's "Why the f___ did you have to named Romeo?", signifying how much whe wishes he was named something else, like....em...I don't know. "Mitch", maybe. Or "Stan" - anything but "Romeo", a name she knows her family will reject.

Oh, yeah, on the G8 thing, IF Madison makes it in and doesn't want the gig. then the other 7 will likely say "ok - we're back to 7." Like the current Speaker of the House, anyone who thinks they're going to cover themselves in glory by standing in the middle of the road folding their arms will discover that their gravity only goes so far.

Edited by mobrien