Glassmen - The Past 15 Years

Lead, instead of being a a** about it, maybe you can explain exactly what point you're trying to get across? How rude.

Ok, look, it was proverbial. Adding a corps logo into a show might actually have them gain .1!

All I'm saying is that the activity shouldn't be sacrificing tradition, crowd entertainment, and their souls for the very sake of competition.

easy to say from this side of a computer competitionis what this activity is and what we do ( YESSSS not all of it but a huge part of it)remember even from a sponsorship...companies like uniforms, flags, etc etc give alot away to FINALISITS NOT NON FINALISISTS.......i get what you are saying...just dont agree...not sure how far you go back in this activity but there are pleanty of traditions within our activIty that need to be forgotten..lol

I totally get ya....IF A SYMBOL CAN WORK INTO A SHOW GREAT....IF NOT DONT THROW IT IN just for the sake of it because if I were judging...and I may....lol..i would ask HMMMM WHY? AND THR ANSWER CANT BE......WELL BECAUSE ITS OUR TRADITION

At least they are consistent. They made Finals every year since 1993 except for twice, in 96 and 03.

I had the impression that they had tended to do a lot of new-age/native-american/spiritual type shows, like the Imago show, Elements: Air Earth Fire Water, The Prayer Cycle, but then they have done other shows like Gershwin, Bizet, New World Symphony (Dvorak), Borodin, Beethoven, a lot of classical stuff. My favorite show of theirs has always been IMAGO (2001, best score they've ever gotten, 94.3).

Maybe that is their identity? They do a lot of classical music and spiritual stuff?

And they make triangles?

I've always been a big fan of corps making their corp symbol/logo in their drill.

I have a feeling Scouts might put in the fleur-de-lis in their new closer, if they change their closer, that is.

Crossmen is making the Crossmen sign this year, too. And Spirit throws in the A in there for Atlanta once in their show.

Corps should stick to their identities and incorporate it into their shows more often. Why should they care if it might cost them .1pts? It's drum corps, tradition is a huge part of the experience.

I like what you are saying but you forgot one important point....The Glassmen are 50 years old, the music you talk about is recent history in the big picture of our history.... I encourage you to go back to corpsrep and look at all the different kinds of music that have been played over the years by the Glassmen....You may be surprised..... As far as the triangle goes...once again that symbol is recent history...What makes you think that the 2011 Glassmen are not sticking with the Glassmen identity? The 2011 Glassmen are creating their own identity just like the 01,91,81,71 and 61 Glassmen created their own identity......Many of the Alum have no issue with this....However we do have an issue being called the "boring" Corps...It's just plain disrespectful to a Corps who have been around for 50 years.....

Let me talk about placement if I may..... First let me say that one would be very naive to think that placement on finals night does not effect a Corps money, recruitment sponsorship, ect. It does, there is no getting around that..... That being said....almost to a person in the Glassmen Family, the placement of the Glassmen at finals night is not ones first priority...It is not an issue.....The first priority is making sure the CMM are having an Experience of a Life Time....There really is no close second....What is an issue is that for some reason the Glassmen are stagnate at the moment. I am not talking about this years Show....we have just been treading water for awhile now...and it seems like little to nothing is being done to get the Glassmen out of this stagnation mode.... Doing the same old,same old and trying to get different results is just not working.

Aside--The Glassmen as a whole have not done a very good job passing our history and traditions down to the next generation....This without questions needs fixed also....

what was meant by not our money is that kids pay alot to be in this activity , its their money ....and as far as .1 crops will and have been left out of finals for .1.....................you dont give anything away if possible...no doubt Glassmen , xmen,spirit,troopers, academy, even Boston will kill for that .1 come august

1992 Freelancers 84.00 Glassmen 83.900

The Alum who marched that Show still to this day talk about how much that hurt not making finals.....

• Like 1

Lead, instead of being a a** about it, maybe you can explain exactly what point you're trying to get across? How rude.

Whoa, dude, settle. It was a joke, and I completely agree with you!!

The solution is obvious. Bring me in as brass caption head. I'll work for free, as long as they feed me over the summer. I'll beat them senseless, like my corps upbringing.

Gmen get a free caption head, I get free food, and I can promise they'd be scoring better in brass. I'd track these kids into the ground.

• Like 1

I keep seeing the word cadevaliers...... What is that?

This is why it is so important for Crown to either win it all or place runner up this year, imo.

Over the years, lots and lots of Corps knocked on the doorstep of winning it all, but came up short for one reason or another. Crown does not have a lot of history compared to Corps like Phantom, Cadets, Cavs, SCV and so forth. They are like Bluecoats in this respect. They need to win it all one of these years, or they quickly will find themselves on the outs with potential marchers too who want to go to the Cadevaliers. Crown ( and Bluecoats ) will increasingly be seen as flashes in the pan in the upper tier strata of the World Class Division... Corps that were great, but in the end could not overcome the hedgemony of The Cadevaliers that has pretty much had a lock on DCI Titles for going on 3 decades now.

I keep seeing the word cadevaliers...... What is that?

It's a mixture of the Cadets, Blue Devils, and Cavaliers. Together, they've won 29 or 30 of the DCI championships.... They dominate the activity, pretty much.