25 Corps in Semifinals?

it's happened many many many times before. not a big deal.

i sound like a broken record here, but people need to stop assuming all of the top open class corps are going to be participating at QF.

Why stop assuming? It is not doing any harm! If you didn't wanna see it you didn't have to click on the topic!

• Like 3

:lol:

best of luck to you in making your corps next year.

Completely off topic and unnecessary but thanks. I will make Spirit of Atlanta.

• Like 2

But why wouldn't they? They would have to be mad not to jump at that chance! Especially BDB and SCVC

Sometimes they don't make the trip out to Indy (SCVC has skipped Finals week recently) . . .or there could be logistical reasons in play.

Still, I'm hopeful at least a few will show up and make some waves; not that I'd ever expect anyone to pull a Magic 2002 again and make Finals, but a SCVC 2000 (17th place) would be pretty cool. :smile:

:thumbdown:

Sorry.... It's just a guess!! Probably a wrong one Hahahaha

Wes P

Sometimes they don't make the trip out to Indy (SCVC has skipped Finals week recently) . . .or there could be logistical reasons in play.

Still, I'm hopeful at least a few will show up and make some waves; not that I'd ever expect anyone to pull a Magic 2002 again and make Finals, but a SCVC 2000 (17th place) would be pretty cool. :smile:

Isn't open class finals in Lucas Oil stadium this year! They are already there!!!!

• Like 1

hugely different scoring.

i looked up some socres from 2000....

on August 7, 2000, Jersey Surf scored 88.15 on the Div II/III sheets

on August 10, 200, Jersey Surf scored 71.4 on the Div I sheets at quarterfinals.

i think several open class corps could defeat some world class corps in 2011....but i'm willing to bet a lot of the top open class corps won't even compete at world class finals week.

Historically, the difference between the sheets has been 15-20 points. So whoever wins OC with a 96.0 is probably going to get 76-81 on the WC sheets. That's definitely high enough to beat some WC corps. In 2010, those numbers would have put you between 20th & 17th place.

Why stop assuming? It is not doing any harm! If you didn't wanna see it you didn't have to click on the topic!

Bad form.:rock:

• Like 2

. . .some don't go to Open Class Finals, which would preclude them from going to World Class Quarters, no? :smile:

I'm referring to the ones that do. About 12 I believe?

• Like 2