La Crosse Lager

Boy wonder,

I believe that you are one of the best on DCP at posting things that really show you level of maturity.

Bill Leslie

49 years young

Just trin' to stay positive through life

Edited by Bill L.
  • Like 5

I've already been at a show this season where a corps got a bigger crowd reaction than the scouts did.

I've been at shows where every corps gets the same crowd reaction.

One of the great things about the La Crosse show,every year, is that the crowd cheers just as much for the Blue Stars Cadets, Legends,Troopers, Madison, and all the rest, including the Blue Stars, is that they appreciate all the work that all the members of all the corps do to put a performance on for them. Some corps have told me that that is the only show all year that they get a standing ovation. The corps love coming to La Crosse to perform. It would have been the first time that Boston would have been at the show and I wish that they could have had that experience this year.

Beautiful site and a great appreciative crowd.

Edited by Appleknocker

Boy wonder,

I believe that you are one of the best on DCP at posting things that really show you level of maturity. I hope that someday I can be like you when I grow up.

Bill Leslie

49 years young

Just trin' to stay positive through live

:worthy: I was thinking the same thing. The Blue Stars organization must be so proud.:worthy:

• Like 3

A "fan favorite" show doesn't necessarily mean it's a really good show.

70 years--two titles....POW!!!!

A lot of people would go nuts in the stands if the Scouts did nothing but play Malaguena, form those slowly-forming company fronts, make the fleur-de-lis, the M, and then some dancing around, or a combination of those 5, but that doesn't make it a really good show.

fixed. :tongue:

And don't ask me what "a really good show" consists of. I know what a really good show looks like, and it's not the above mentioned. Not anymore, at least.

Don the flame suit, amigo.

Waited, waited, and waited for the show to happen it wasnt in the cards last night. I do have to say that the people that were waiting with me for the rain to leavewere some of the coolest I have met in awhile. Drum Corps people are great!

Ok, everyone together now, 1....2....3....

"You have a very nice drum corps."

There. Now maybe we can move on. :devil:

• Like 1

play Malagueña

fixed. :tongue:

This always cracks me up. Total ad hominem response by people, since the Scouts haven't played Malagueña for 15 and 23 years, respectively.

• Like 2

This always cracks me up. Total ad hominem response by people, since the Scouts haven't played Malagueña for 15 and 23 years, respectively.

With the rate they're going with bringing back old tunes and such (not an insult, it's really awesome they're going back to what made them Madison), it wouldn't surprise me at all if it'd be brought out in the next few years. That, I could listen to. :cool:

This always cracks me up. Total ad hominem response by people, since the Scouts haven't played "Malagueña" for 15 and 23 years, respectively.

Doubtless he meant to refer to Cadets and Boston in 2003.

That is one of the tunes I wish they would bring back.