Where's the cheese?

How about helping to educate the unwashed masses?

Can you give us some examples (time points in the Fan Network videos would be very useful) of "cheese" in this year's shows, especially Crown's?

Crown's show is very cheesy. I like it, but the cheese is undeniable.

• Direct sampling of hard rock music (We Will Rock You)
  • Sampled "I'm a Rach Star" segment
  • Electric guitar synthesizer patch
  • Synth strings
  • Flames on the drums
  • Cliche rock concert feel

All of that tops the cheese meter in my book.

• Like 3

So, all stuff the audience has found entertaining. Gotcha.

Really? The shows I've been to the crowd found a lot of things exciting that weren't cheesy at all. SCV's Ballad Hit. The Star 93 quote in PR's show. Cadets closing moments. Cavaliers max section. etc.

The most exciting parts of crown's show to me are the Rach. If there was a lot more Rach and a lot less Roll, I think a LOT more people would be on board with them. What is exciting to an 8th grade band student, usually isn't exciting to the rest of the crowd.

• Like 5

How about helping to educate the unwashed masses?

Can you give us some examples (time points in the Fan Network videos would be very useful) of "cheese" in this year's shows, especially Crown's?

If you don't see it in Crown's show, then it can't be shown to you.

Obvious troll is obvious

So, all stuff the audience has found entertaining. Gotcha.

Fuzzy math you got there. I don't like all cheese, particularly swiss...not a fan. But I do love a good sharp cheddar. Are they not both cheeses?

• Like 4

Bottom line, it's a little more "bando" than I would have liked or expected. And you know how much I love Crown.

• Like 8

Crown's show is very cheesy. I like it, but the cheese is undeniable.

• Direct sampling of hard rock music (We Will Rock You)
  • Sampled "I'm a Rach Star" segment
  • Electric guitar synthesizer patch
  • Synth strings
  • Flames on the drums
  • Cliche rock concert feel

All of that tops the cheese meter in my book.

You forgot the random mosh pit in the pre-show. That just reeks of cheese.

• Like 8

Really? The shows I've been to the crowd found a lot of things exciting that weren't cheesy at all. SCV's Ballad Hit. The Star 93 quote in PR's show. Cadets closing moments. Cavaliers max section. etc.

The most exciting parts of crown's show to me are the Rach. If there was a lot more Rach and a lot less Roll, I think a LOT more people would be on board with them. What is exciting to an 8th grade band student, usually isn't exciting to the rest of the crowd.

There's a ton of Rach. May not be slapping you in the face like the roll, but it's woven into every second of music.

And last I checked I knew a ton more middle aged white guys listening to classic rock then 8th grade boys, so stop trying to stigmatize...and quite poorly at that.

• Like 5