Carolina Crown (World Class) 87.550

Phantom Regiment (World Class) 84.900

Santa Clara Vanguard (World Class) 82.000

Blue Stars (World Class) 78.700

Cascades (World Class) 68.050

Pioneer (World Class) 62.450

Open Class

Music City (Open Class) 66.800

So I take it you really liked PR's show tonight. PR has always been my favorite corps and I hope they do well, but I really hate everything about their show this year. It's just a personal opinion, but the whole show, music and drill bores me to death.

Phantom needs to figure out how to do classical music with a drill that is not stuck in the 90s. Unfortunately that's never gonna happen until the Farrell reign is over.

Amen! Preach it!!!

Was it Les Etoiles that did the spinning drumline/Snare thing?

1998 Les Etoiles - I think this was first in 96 or 97 though.

Edited by njthundrrd

So I take it you really liked PR's show tonight. PR has always been my favorite corps and I hope they do well, but I really hate everything about their show this year. It's just a personal opinion, but the whole show, music and drill bores me to death.

Phantom needs to figure out how to do classical music with a drill that is not stuck in the 90s. Unfortunately that's never gonna happen until the Farrell reign is over.

So did Dan kick your puppy?

I will always respect him for what he brought to the Regiment.

:worthy: :worthy:

(Can I throw JD in there too? Come on, we all know he's the reason Rennick left!)

• Like 1

Ok, back in Soulard, what a night. Sweltering, muggy, hot, sweaty, but awesome. hey DCI, don't be a stranger St Louis still loves DCI, still loves its drum corps. Breifly:

Music City - getting there...feet issues big time but building a good program. Keep it up, do it right.

Pioneer - Wow, how did they get so small. Its sad that they are unable to grow creatively and competitively.

Cascades - I like the show, has its moments, but they dont sound big. Probably will miss semi's but will get better.

SCV - I saw them in the theatre, saw them on the webcasts and on FN and they are getting better and cleaner. However just not the show that can break into the top-5. Smokin drum line (as well they should). The end builds and builds and builds to an amazing climax.

Blue Stars - Loud, very loud and really good. Musically they are awesome, need to clean the visuals and the drill. Has upper bottom 6 potential...6-8 not out of reach. Smoking ending.

Crown - RACH'd THE HOUSE!!! They were smokin hot from pre-show to the time they left the field. The crowd ate it up. Lots of cheese? yes! but get me some Premium Saltines 'cause I am eating it up. Front to Back out standing.

Phantom Regiment - Beautiful...emotional...magnificent. Some intonation issues on the opening solo's and trumpet line issue in the middle 1/3 of the show (just before Elsa)...OH, ELSA...I nearly had tears in my eyes...by finals I my be in tears. May not be top 3, but will have the hearts of the crowd.

Cavaliers - ON Fire. Clean, entertaining, fun and creative. But like in 2001, it loses my attention in spots. It's like they try to hard to wow, kind of like an X games event. I'd put my money on them winning the whole thing.

Great Night, would like to see a TOC show in '12 at a better place closer to the City.

I totally disagree. I think the music was amazingly put together for the corps

The ballad is one of the best being played this year.

So if true, why are the GE Music scores so low, show after show, with different judging panels ?

• Like 1

So did Dan kick your puppy?

I will always respect him for what he brought to the Regiment.

[/quote

and what might that be?

• Like 1