Dear George

I know it's impossible - but it would be such a great effect if the "Evil" part of the corps could do a uniform change (maybe a la Vanguard '85 with the velcro pants) and emerge at the end in all white (like the guard does). It just seems weird to have evil / good playing together at the end as good triumphs.

As an alternative - the White horn players should at least circle around the Burgundy horn players to symbolize the triumph visually

But whatever they end up doing - I am definitely a convert this year :thumbup:

Later,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I asked that question when I was on tour with the Cadets and the answer was it would have been a design nightmare to pull off. There's just no feasible way to get the demons changed into all white like the angels.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Hi Mike,

I asked that question when I was on tour with the Cadets and the answer was it would have been a design nightmare to pull off. There's just no feasible way to get the demons changed into all white like the angels.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Thanks Irving - that's pretty much what I thought - but how cool would it have been!!!

I hope that the kids know just how much people are loving their show this year!!!!!

later,

Mike

yeah to get everyone in white, you'd have to have some kind of drum break....not feasible.

but i like the idea of surrounding the demons visually. and, yeah, the pink should go, unless looking like 80's teen pop stars is demonic

Clearly the uniform designers are falling behind the advances in instrumentation. Where are our electronic uniforms??

I know it's impossible - but it would be such a great effect if the "Evil" part of the corps could do a uniform change (maybe a la Vanguard '85 with the velcro pants) and emerge at the end in all white (like the guard does). It just seems weird to have evil / good playing together at the end as good triumphs.

As an alternative - the White horn players should at least circle around the Burgundy horn players to symbolize the triumph visually

But whatever they end up doing - I am definitely a convert this year :thumbup:

Later,

Mike

Mike,

I have to disagree with this. Again, it's a theological issue and in some ways needs to be if you're going to do angels and demons (unless of course you're doing some cartoon rendition). The theological truth on this is that demons will NOT be converted. In the end they are NOT redeemed, but instead they are defeated. They receive no mercy from God.

So, to have them change into white uniforms would actually contradict truth.

It's my opinion that the show needs to better depict this, hence the idea that I had of the demons kneeling and then bowing. To add to that concept, the Angels could step forward, close the gaps so that the demons are somewhat hidden behind them and lift their heads in triumph.

While I'm dreaming, Handel's Messiah would be amazing at this point. "For The Lord God Omnipotent Reigneth. Forever and ever..."

Don't know what George things, but I think you should be doing some pro-bono design work with them every off season.

Oh dear...I would be privileged to help the Cadets in any way I could...even if it was just baking cookies for them or knitting George a new pair of slippers. Who knows, maybe they could develop some really cool mascot each year and I could wear the outfit around and take pictures with little kids.

So, this year, for example...I could wear a skin tight fire engine red leather outfit with some horns, a tail and pitchfork. Put a little bright red lipstick on and go make some noise for the corps.

Oh dear...I would be privileged to help the Cadets in any way I could...even if it was just baking cookies for them or knitting George a new pair of slippers. Who knows, maybe they could develop some really cool mascot each year and I could wear the outfit around and take pictures with little kids.

So, this year, for example...I could wear a skin tight fire engine red leather outfit with some horns, a tail and pitchfork. Put a little bright red lipstick on and go make some noise for the corps.

Like the Iron Pan Guy at Yankee games!!!

I would pay double the price of admissions to finals to see this Granny.

Make it happen.

Thanks Irving - that's pretty much what I thought - but how cool would it have been!!!

I hope that the kids know just how much people are loving their show this year!!!!!

later,

Mike

Oh believe me if they could pull that off it would have been the game changer, if you know what I mean. As much as the kids try not to listen to the chatter they do know they have an excellent product on the field this year. When I was on tour, I told them every day just how amazing their show is. George and staff do the same!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Mike,

I have to disagree with this. Again, it's a theological issue and in some ways needs to be if you're going to do angels and demons (unless of course you're doing some cartoon rendition). The theological truth on this is that demons will NOT be converted. In the end they are NOT redeemed, but instead they are defeated. They receive no mercy from God.

So, to have them change into white uniforms would actually contradict truth.

It's my opinion that the show needs to better depict this, hence the idea that I had of the demons kneeling and then bowing. To add to that concept, the Angels could step forward, close the gaps so that the demons are somewhat hidden behind them and lift their heads in triumph.

While I'm dreaming, Handel's Messiah would be amazing at this point. "For The Lord God Omnipotent Reigneth. Forever and ever..."

Granny,

I hope someone from Cadet-land is reading this (and I'm sure they are) because I have visualized your ending and my God, it works!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Dear Sparky,

This is becoming a tradition for me to write to you and let you know my thoughts on your show. While others have reviewed it, I know that you have a soft spot in your heart for what I think.

First off, let me just say that it made my heart go pitter patter to see you pacing the front sidelines last night in Rockford. I have always loved the fact that you are engaged with each and every performance the Cadets give. The only problem is that for me, I was a bit distracted from the show (wink wink).

Anyhow, I intentionally made myself a gin and tonic before I wrote this so I wouldn't get too worked up (it's already hot and humid in the midwest without my daydreaming), so on with my thoughts:

Let me begin by saying THANK YOU for fielding such an amazing show this year. There are certain years where your staff puts a show on the field that is simply AWESOME (that's right...you know I'm thinking about 2009). This is one of those years. While there are some really nit-picky things (like demons wearing pink...ick), I found myself completely engaged with the show.

Of course one of my favorite sections is when the demons play the dissonant doxology and then the angels play Amazing GRACE with such a lush sound! Wow! That is just so powerful with such wonderful religious overtones (btw: don't ever apologize for that!).

The drill is masterful and the contrasting uniforms are simply amazing. I can only imagine the challenge this was to your design team when writing the drill and thinking through staging, etc. You all should get bonus points for that.

Anyhow, I am officially endorsing the Cadets' show this year as the best one on the field. I sincerely hope you clean the heck out of it and win the championship! This show deserves it and I deserve a dance!

Thanks George!

Granny

================================

My darling Granny ... thank you for the kind words.

And when we get rid of these pink uniforms, perhaps i can model one for you at some late night bar I hear you frequent -)

HA !!!

Seriously, thanks to all ... it has been a great run ... and we are still running!!!

Happy Thursday to all !!!

• Like 4