So i've always wondered..

I thought this thread was going to be about pick-a-nick baskets...

bummer.

:spitting:

:thumbs-up:

You're smarter than the average poster !

• Like 2

If you dislike a show and it scores low, that won't bother you, what is there to complain about if the result was what you think it should be? But if a show you dislike scores highly or wins a championship you will complain. And the people who do like the show will call you a hater. Whoever is winning will get complained about the most, and less complaints down the line. BD and Cavies and Cadets get complained about the most because they win the most. Crown has gotten more complaints as it's done better in the scores. Same for Madison. Same for everyone.

Now, complaining about complaints, that's what I don't get... :w00t:

Edited by skywhopper

Agreed.

Execution and innovation are the key to getting ahead in this activity i believe.

Agreed. We also would be remiss not to include " cash " as another key to getting ahead in this activity as well.

Edited by BRASSO

If you dislike a show and it scores low, that won't bother you, what is there to complain about if the result was what you think it should be? But if a show you dislike scores highly or wins a championship you will complain. And the people who do like the show will call you a hater. Whoever is winning will get complained about the most, and less complaints down the line. BD and Cavies and Cadets get complained about the most because they win the most. Crown has gotten more complaints as it's done better in the scores. Same for Madison. Same for everyone.

Now, complaining about complaints, that's what I don't get... :w00t:

I am upset that you are complaining about complaining about complaints.

• Like 3

Not entirely. The Cascades, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Jersey Surf are a few additional World Class Corps that immmediately come to mind where we rarely see much criticisms on DCP.

We barely recognize that they even exist I guess we could also say.

You're right. Although barely recognizing their existence could be viewed as a form of criticism around here. Much the same way that grabbing a hot dog during a performance is criticism.

• Like 1

Lots of love on here towards the Cavaliers.

I know I love my corps. I never say anything bad about them, even IF I have a criticism. I may say something on the alumni website, but that's not public and it's not here....

BD has been winning lots lately, so you're gonna see some criticism about them for that, especially with the type of shows they've been bringing.

This is a discussion group about drum corps, and it seems like THE place to provide opinions on drum corps. satisfied.gif

I'm fine with that as long as we're civil to one another.

Why do people always complain on this forum about The Cavaliers and Blue Devils more than any other corps?

I mean honestly? i swear they are the LEAST favorite corps on this website and i hear/see people hate on them all the time. Is it because they're constantly on top and you want to see new faces?

Blue Devils FINALLY play music worth listening to, and people still complain about not understanding the concept and lack of movement.

The Cavaliers decide to play more notes and increase their volume, yet people complain about how their show doesn't make sense and how they rely on "gimmicks' to hold them up.

Why can't everyone just enjoy what they're doing? i mean, does it really need to make sense for it to be cool and be appealing to watch and hear?

You can give me a thumbs down all you want, but its an honest to goodness question.

Interesting perception. I, too, have not perceived that Cavs are much maligned on this board. Devils, definitely. Cadets even more than Cavs. Hopkins more than any of the above.

As someone else noted, I think Devils breed contempt, to a degree, because of their swagger that to many looks like arrogance. I'm ambivalent to BD. Not generally fan but have very much enjoyed some of their shows. The whole BD aura thing is kind of junior high to me, especially given that, to the rest of the world, we're all a bunch of nerd-bandos. What does it really matter?

• Like 2

Why do people always complain on this forum about The Cavaliers and Blue Devils more than any other corps?

I mean honestly? i swear they are the LEAST favorite corps on this website and i hear/see people hate on them all the time. Is it because they're constantly on top and you want to see new faces?

Blue Devils FINALLY play music worth listening to, and people still complain about not understanding the concept and lack of movement.

The Cavaliers decide to play more notes and increase their volume, yet people complain about how their show doesn't make sense and how they rely on "gimmicks' to hold them up.

Why can't everyone just enjoy what they're doing? i mean, does it really need to make sense for it to be cool and be appealing to watch and hear?

You can give me a thumbs down all you want, but its an honest to goodness question.

Its the "Lakers Effect" or the "Yankees" or "Cowboys" affect if we compare to sports.

Those teams and all of their success over the years (obviously not the immediate past) inspire a lot of love and a lot of hatred.

even beyond that of normal fans.

For example, if you are a mets fan or a red sox fan, hating the yankees is part of the deal. Natural rivalries. But for some reason, people in montana, idaho, or nevada will pile on the bandwagons for the teams who are playing those teams. If the Lakers play Oklahoma City, you will get most of California rooting for the Lakers, and the rest of the country rooting for "the other team" whoever it may be.