Brush Your Breath With Denton !

Crusaders battle back from a day of adversity....!

I know with the truck breaking the axle and all that stuff...but KUDOS to all the corps that helped them through this rough time....

Scouts have a bit of a "flu" in the ranks.. :poke:

best of luck with that men.. Go Scouts!

Scouts are Not knocked out of the top 12 over night just yet folks..

I like the fact it is once again cool to "out-score" them Scouts..

I hope the men get past this plague upon them..

Get Well Soon Men. Go Madison.

I'll add: Congrats to BK and BC for their great shows..

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

Dci is plagued with many bad judges. Unfortunately a couple of them were judging the visual captions tonight.

People with agendas will always skew the scores.

Many different interpretations of who's hot and who's not this year. Especially in the visual department.

It's a shame. Hopefully it all works out for regionals and dci.

Please dci please get rid of some of these dinosaurs!

At least at the big shows!

That would be a start :-)

• Like 4

I know with the truck breaking the axle and all that stuff...but KUDOS to all the corps that helped them through this rough time....

Absolutely....credit to everyone for pulling together.

Just back from the show and some quick random comments:

Spent the first half in the lots.

Lot observations:

- Stood in front of Blue Knights horn arc, very nice sound, love the music.

- Blue Knight drumline plays very clean, not the hardest music but certainly fits the music well.

- Phantom got new trucks and new buses this year....the year AFTER my daughter left. :(

- Madison has the smallest pit I've seen, 2 marimbas, 1 xylo, 3 vibes, timps and 2 synths if I counted correctly. Guess that's how the allocate for all of those tubas

- Madison horns take a looooong time to warm up.

- Monster truck passing out free Monster drinks were a hit with the kids in the hot lots

Made it into the stands to see just a few corps. Sitting on about the 10 yards lines as I got in late:

- Great crowd, packed stands, very into the shows.

- Blue Knights. Again, really like the music. Not getting much impact from the horns but probably due to poor seat selection.

- Madison. Closer is emotional and really gets the crowd. The neat thing about sitting at the end of the field and close is you really notice the individuals on the field. You can hear them and see their facial expressions. I really liked this show. When the guard picks up the drums and starts playing are they judged by the percussion judge.......I hope not!

- Boston. First time seeing Boston and I like this show much better than what I saw on FN. Don't like the fish net thing but other than that very enjoyable. I actually thought they projected volume better than Madison from these bad seats.

Saw an open seat on the 50 in the handicap area, about 15 rows up, so I jumped in it before Phantom came on......

BIG MISTAKE. OMG my face hurts. That hornline and the show is incredible. Its come so far since Saginaw. The guard is well placed and the music is classic. The drums didn't make much of a statement and seemed to be kept back field much of the show, but maybe its just that the hornline is so dominating in this show. I must say I don't really like the theatrics and facial expressions of the pit this year, very distracting. I preferred the classic style of former years.

Then Crown comes on and takes the hornline sound up one more notch. I can't take it, now my head hurts. This is a GREAT seat!! The senior lady in the wheel chair next to me almost gets up and starts dancing with Crown!! She's rocking back and forth, clapping her hand, and screaming out like it was Elvis Presley out there. Crown is milking this receptive crowd like Rach Stars. And I should add OMG, as in "Oh My Guard"......Hot guard of the year! And they're very good, too (coming from a drummer....).

Unfortunately had to leave after Crown but heard Blue Devils echoing through the stands as I walked to the parking lot. Can't wait for San Antonio.....

Thanks for the descriptive visual! Especially appreciate the Crown stuff since I know a bunch of those kids, and mine is one of them! This is really a fun show to perform, glad to know the audience is enjoying too!

• Like 1

Crazy change in in scores betweem BK, BAC, and Madison tonight. I have no idea if several members being out for the Scouts had an effect with the score but this season just keeps getting better and better. I'm a huge fan of both BK and Boston's shows and can see these three corps switching spots up until finals night. I'm guessing my brothers are going to have a "fun" rehearsal during the day tomorrow.

At this point I would usually just say "Go Scouts!"...but I'm going to go ahead and say "Go Drum Corps!" after tonight. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Troopers over Spirit of Atlanta???? WTF

Boston over Madison???? WTF

Left before scores. Both of these are a complete shock! Really. No way. Crowd could not have agreed with this nonsense when announced.

Troopers may be the biggest smoke and mirrors corps since BD, but without any depth.

WOW

• Like 4

Dci is plagued with many bad judges. Unfortunately a couple of them were judging the visual captions tonight.

People with agendas will always skew the scores.

Many different interpretations of who's hot and who's not this year. Especially in the visual department.

It's a shame. Hopefully it all works out for regionals and dci.

Please dci please get rid of some of these dinosaurs!

At least at the big shows!

That would be a start :-)

I think if you're going to make comments like that in a public forum, it;s only fair to name names so that those so accused have the opportunity to respond.

Troopers over Spirit of Atlanta???? WTF

Boston over Madison???? WTF

Left before scores. Both of these are a complete shock! Really. No way. Crowd could not have agreed with this nonsense when announced.

Troopers may be the biggest smoke and mirrors corps since BD, but without any depth.

WOW

Boston over Madison is really no surprise. Boston has a better show, it's not just last year's show with new music and (mostly) new drill.

• Like 4

it's not just last year's show with new music and (mostly) new drill.

Please clarify that statement?

Edited by lastknight