Favorite part of Boston 2011

I just wanted to add to my list...that freaking awesome new ending....I absolutely loved it...first time I REALLY loved your "new" ending that was added at the end of the season. It was great both visually and musically. :smile:

Yes musically and visually one great show. Very special and different on many fronts. The both soloist blow my mind every time i here it.

I like that they used the synth very sparingly! :thumbup:

• Like 2

In fact, they should see if they could borrow Blue Stars' scaffolding, pile a bunch of junk on it and have their own barricade. :thumbup:

Wonder if a barricade was ever discussed amongst the staff? That would have really been impressive. Enjoyed the whole production and loved that their scores went up each night no matter how small they were. They kept fighting!

• Like 1

Powerful opener with a hint of "Land of 1000 Dances" into a slick trumpet feature !!

Might be Jay Kennedy's best show. ( I think he's been listening to Michael Klesh )

THANKS! That's been bugging me all week--what is that tune? I know I've heard it before.

For me: "Bring Him Home" solo. Perfection :thumbup: (And this from an old trombone/baritone player.)

Edited by CrownBariDad

Sorry not this year.

Arrangements to chopped ..

no emotion on two emotional pieces.

usually like Boston and have some good corps last few years.

I'll skip this one.

Jersey Boy, There must be a Hooters near you.

I even dig the bando moment of "Land of 1000 Dances"... gets my blood pumping

Is it really "Land of 1,000 Dances", or just a passage from Les Mis itself that sounds similar? In the Cadets' show from 1989, I hear what I presume to be the same line that you identify here.

As for the original question, among other things I liked in Boston's show, I really appreciated how they vamped the final strains of their intro while listening for the announcer, so as to time their first hit until after he spoke, rather than awkwardly playing over it like some other corps did during the season.

Also, am I right that Boston used less synthesizer than any other corps? No goo, as far as I can remember hearing, and only a few unnecessary sound effects before the martial section.

Is it really "Land of 1,000 Dances", or just a passage from Les Mis itself that sounds similar? In the Cadets' show from 1989, I hear what I presume to be the same line that you identify here.

Time to call out all Les Mis experts...To answer this one... :tongue:

It's not Land of 1,000 Dances. It's a passage from The Attack on Rue Plumet. But they do sound similar. And Cannibal & the Headhunters may very well have been at the barricade hearing people sing....

But the reason for this thread....

So many things to like about this show, but the one thing I'll always remember about it is the baritone solo in Bring Him Home. Such an emotional tune to begin with, especially the way it's performed in the theatre with Jean Valjean singing in gorgeous falsetto. But BAC's performance of this tune, and the young man's solo in particular, just made me very emotional. Beautiful drum corps at its finest, and I was privileged to hear it four times this summer. My only regret, it wasn't five or more. Bravo! Simply breathtaking.