Who will take the title ?

I think Cadets will take it. But I think it is going to be one of the closest 4 corps races in DCI history. I disagree with the posters who believe Crown is out of contention.......their hornline is incredible, and if they nail their show, which they are capable of, they will be right there..............I believe the top 4 will all be within a point.

1. Cadets

2. Crown

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

I would also be extremely surprised if the placement order of these 4 corps remains the same for all 3 rounds in Indy.......

Even if crown nails their show, it seems the judges feel that their program is not on the same level demand wise (last night they were down 1 point to BD on content scores) as the other three, it would be difficult for them to win, but still possible

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

1. Cavies

2. Cadets

3. BD

4. Crown

If I had my choice :shutup:

1. Cadets

2. Cavies.

3. Crown

4. BD

• Like 1

Depending on who is judging Finals night, Cavies drum line could be 1st...or 5th behind BD, Cadets, Bluecoats and SCV.

1st or 2nd in drums,my guess is first.These guys play. Love Chicago,miss Bill Champlin.Great Voice.

This should have been a poll thread. :doh:

Anyways.....the top 4 each have a reason to win DCI. Here's my take:

Blue Devils - In the end, it's all going to come down to execution. Blue Devils had somewhat of a slow start but I knew they would catch up and go for the top 2. If you look at the clarity of the visual package (they win the best jazz-running of 2011), it's undeniable. Although General Effect is their weakest area, they know how to execute. It's that simple, and we could see a 3-peat in progress.

Cadets - General Effect is off the charts smokin'. Everyone gets the show, the audience connects with the program, as well as the judges, so this would be a perfect show for Cadets to win. The weakest area so far would be the visual side, while brass is pretty good and percussion is pretty solid. All they need to do is CLEAN. CLEAN. CLEAN. Next thing you know we could be seeing a repeat of 2005.

Carolina Crown - Brass is kicking ***, and so is their marching. I'm wondering about their percussion and guard though, and the show is actually coming together a little more and the audience loves what they do. Some people may still call Rach-Starr cheesy, but Crown ain't no cheesy corps. They are consistent the past few years in terms of music, so this is their moment to shine.

Cavaliers - I believe there are no weaknesses that put Cavies significantly down. Other corps have weak areas but I don't think this group does. It was very apparent in the June show, and they have yet to clean the new added stuff. There's nothing weak about The Cavaliers this year....it's truly unmistakable. And the show is pretty sick too. Cavaliers will definitely shine in the visual caption, especially for guard and visual effect.

So there. I have no idea who's gonna win, but this is the most exciting DCI season in my memory.

• Like 4

I think Cadets will take it. But I think it is going to be one of the closest 4 corps races in DCI history. I disagree with the posters who believe Crown is out of contention.......their hornline is incredible, and if they nail their show, which they are capable of, they will be right there..............I believe the top 4 will all be within a point.

1. Cadets

2. Crown

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

I would also be extremely surprised if the placement order of these 4 corps remains the same for all 3 rounds in Indy.......

Crown has a knack for falling short right at the end. And i don't see things changing this year from an execution standpoint.

Having an amazing hornline can only take you so far. With cadets cavaliers and BD cleaning the snot out of their programs, crowns chances of of passing all three of them at the top of their game are slim to none.

• Like 2

This is still very much a four-corps race. Cadets seem to have the edge right now, with Cavaliers right behind them. Until BD can beat all of these corps in the same competition, then I will consider them the front-runner. Crown is slightly a long-shot, but when the top 4 is separated by a point or less, that doesn't mean much.

In the end, I see it being

1.) Cadets 98.85

2.) Cavaliers 98.6

3.) Crown 98.5

4.) BD 98.35

• Like 1

Count CC out at your own peril. :ph34r: This corps means business and the crowd loves their show...period! Execution is CC's only flaw at this point, but they have a staff that can get it done. Speaking of clean....the harder show (IMO) to clean is Cadets, this is a beast of a design.....however, 2009 was another monster that they never quite got cleaned... mostly because the human body can't do some of that stuff (George :satisfied: ).....it's a matter of physics!

Cavies are having issues breaking away from their present place while the other 3 are forging ahead. Not sure why, maybe performance, dirt, can't say....but again, they have the staff to get it done and it's not nearly as difficult (IMO) as the Cadets insane drill book.

BD on the other hand, was rough out of the blocks due to the early Texas throwdown which took them out of their groove (in California everything has a groove :tongue: ). But they have found their stride and although (as you might suggest) their show is a a bit askew of the other 3 in terms of "insanity" (which ironically, BD owned the last 3 years) it is a classic and beautiful design musically and visually and they are the best performers on the field right now....and they will only get better (of this you can be certain).

NOTE: Last night (at midnight) I observed an empty corps bus parking lot in Hattiesburg, save one corps.....BD (all of them) sitting in the dark watching films (played against the side of one of their trucks) of their performance with stop action and a "hot wash" going on. Look in the dictionary for "focus" and you'll see that picture!

Bottom line: count no one out....particularly CC & BD!

With all due respect to this year's Cadets, this show is certainly not that hard to clean. It's not that hard even for Cadets standards. It's definitely a cleanable show, and they are getting there. I think the only thing that could hamper it getting cleaner is the fact that they're in different color unis, but Cadets have had shows that are a lot harder than this one that they were able to clean.

• Like 1

1. Cavaliers - I personally believe their show is too innovative visually to be overtaken by the rest at finals.

2. Blue Devils - musically phenomenal and visually squeaky clean, but will be OVERTAKEN by the men in green. I can't say anything negative about this show.

3. Cadets - powerful visually, with their ballad capturing the hearts of the nation, but nothing could stop the Cavaliers and Blue Devils from simply scoring higher in their own shows.

4. Crown - as much as I hate to have them in fourth, I don't know how they will boost their scores visually. Judges aren't feeling the vibes the writers have. Brass will keep them high, and guard and percussion will climb slightly to boost them into the top four.

It is difficult to make the Top 4 this year, as all these shows have the potential to win on Final's night (despite the awkward slotting and scoring as of late). At the moment, with these current scores, I see this as being the final placements. Though, after seeing three of the four in Allentown this upcoming weekend, I'm sure I'll revise this ;)