Erie August 7th

I'm not so sure I see wonkyness with the scores. When I saw Spirit and Glassmen a month ago, it was clear that Spirit was a better corps. But tonight Spirit looked like the same corps they were a month ago. A little cleaner, but the same issues overall. Glassmen, on the other hand, seem like a completely different corps. Hornline has improved immensely, colorguard has improved immensely, design issues are being solved left and right. And that drumline is killer. Tonight was the appropriate number for them. What they get at regionals is drum judges playing it safe. Spirit doesn't seem like they have anywhere to go. Glassmen still have some room to grow. Academy as well. Troopers are the ones that I don't see moving up. I'm constantly puzzled by their music GE score. Save the infinity chord, no one in the crowd really reacted to anything that they did.

BTW, thanks Liahona for posting my tweets and pictures.

• Like 5

Glad to see all of glassmen's hard work paying off. Just keep pushing through the end, not just too the end!

How about that BK Madison Boston Encore?!:-) hahaha... Kinda sad these 3 didn't get to play last night as it seemed this panel was making a splash with the scores... Oh well, we'll get a taste in Massillon but will get to see all the fun this weekend! CHEERIO and GO BK!!

By the way.... Way to go Gmen... Like I said they know how to surge at the right time!!

• Like 2

Wow these scores make things incredibly interesting and very exciting.

What is Erie like? You hear about Erie but really don't know much about Erie.

What is it famous for?

Is it one of those old Rust Belt cities that were doing really well many years ago but now has landed on hard times?

Erie sounds like it could be exotic.

Is it fab?

First of all I thinkk this is a great question. I also traveled with drum corps for 8 years and wanted to find out as much about the towns/cities we performed in as I could. I always bought the local newspaper to get a feel for the town - of course this was back when most local papers were locally owned and had local reporters.

I visited Erie a few years ago while on vacation in PA so will give you a few observations.

Presque Isle State Park is a Peninsula that juts out into Lake Erie with bike trails, beaches and ton of migratory birds that stop off to visit. The old downtown area is small but kept up nice by the city. It has some nice art galleries and a variety of restaurants. The people, like I found in most of PA, were incredibly friendly and helpful.

Edited by bass5

Soa went on before everyone else which is the only reason for these scores imo

If it were early season I'd say yes, but now the judges are seasoned enough at this point to not let performance order affect score! Give credit where credit is due.... Gmen finished on top fair and square and academy tied because both are good drum corps! Just my opinion and take!

• Like 1

Soa went on before everyone else which is the only reason for these scores imo

They've been going on before the other "12th Spot Contenders" (except for Regionals) for most of the season. And, they've been regularly beating those who went on after them. Don't know what happened last night. Let's just say they got beat by the better Corps that night and we'll see what happens in Indy.

Go Spirit!!!

• Like 2